General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

need a new [whats it called]

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2007, 09:28 PM
Default need a new [whats it called]

Hi
I got to close to a curb made of rail-road ties tonight, and the rotting piece of sh*t had a big nail sticking out. My carcaught it and next thingI know, a piece of my car is attached to the nail. I am not sure what this part is called. It is the part that runs along the sides of the car between the fenders. the lowest part of the body. I think its called the apron, but I can not find anything online. (if my car was two-toned colored, it would be the part was the painted a different color then the rest of the car).

I hope this my descriptioncan help you help me.

Let me know if you know what this part is called and where i can get one online for a 2004 MC.

Thanks,
Ralph

Old 10-04-2007, 09:46 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default RE: need a new [whats it called]

The part you're referring to is commonly referred to as the ground effects. It's the black part under the door in my pic below.
MCF member "couch" works at a dealership and has said he has the ability to look up parts and give a price. Of course that would be for a new GM original part. You might have better luck checking junk yards. The part can come from any Monte from 2000 to 2005, since they're all the same. Another member is looking for the ground effects for his Monte, and so far the web hasn't helped much, from what I understand.

Good luck.

Old 10-04-2007, 09:51 PM

Thanks, that is the partI need. Now that i know what they are called, Ican do some intelligent, googleing.

Old 10-05-2007, 06:45 PM

actually make sure you dont want to put on any after market ground effects like Razzi kit etc.

If you do you will need to take this part off your car anyway and now would be the best time to add this to your car.
You will need to buy and paint it anyway mise well be what ya want

Old 10-06-2007, 12:51 AM

what side u need passenger or driver side cause there is on on ebay and it is for the driver side the ebay number is 11075986670

Old 10-06-2007, 02:27 PM

yea brand new those parts "side skirts" are close to $1200 from GM (painted) but you get a pair not one of them.

Old 10-06-2007, 09:15 PM

ORIGINAL: BankheadSS
what side u need passenger or driver side cause there is on on ebay and it is for the driver side the ebay number is 11075986670
Thanks. Thats exactly what i need, and I saw it yeterday, but its black, I need silver. Not sure if they shop can paint it for me once it has already been factory finished, but I do need driver side.

Old 10-06-2007, 09:15 PM

ORIGINAL: couch
yea brand new those parts "side skirts" are close to $1200 from GM (painted) but you get a pair not one of them.
for $1,200 i might as well go after market :-)

Old 10-06-2007, 10:21 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

gm thinks their genuine parts and service is gold. of course, so does Ford, Toyota, and Chrysler Corp. o'well

Old 10-07-2007, 02:57 AM

hey man its black but its cheap nobody has has bid on it. Now lets do the math $25 over thna paying like 200 for it from a gm dealer. then getting it repainted to ya car is way cheaper pay the money to get the monte back on the road right. hey bra step ya swag up. if you dont love ya car u dont love yaself

Quick Reply: need a new [whats it called]