General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Need help with an RPO code.

Old 07-11-2007, 03:15 PM
Default Need help with an RPO code.

Hey guys. So I was off polishing the car, trying to remove the pontiac solstice brigh yellow paint. (Dor smack, whind caught her door, no damage to the monte) I noticed an RPO code on the car I havent seen before.. FE2.. What is this?

Thanks!

Old 07-11-2007, 03:16 PM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member
Default RE: Need help with an RPO code.

where was the code written??

i found this on google

FE2 82 88 SUSPENSION SYSTEM,TOURING RIDE & HANDLING

Old 07-11-2007, 07:02 PM

FE2 IS the suspension Code for the 3.5. with the 16's and the code for the LT3's and the LTZ's is FE3 for a tighter suspension and 17's. the SS's get the FE4.

Old 07-11-2007, 07:15 PM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Sumthin's wrong here's.

If FE2 is for cars with 3.5 and 16" wheels then someone screwed up with my car. I can post pics of a 3900 engine and 17" wheels cause my car has an FE2 code.

What's FE9 for?

I also noticed my car was made 04/06 and weights over 4400 lbs.
(a '57 Chevy does not weight 4000 lbs)

Old 07-11-2007, 10:50 PM

Ok.. here is my badge..

Sorry to any 56kers I may have just sent reeling.

See thing is, I know this car is a fleet ordered one, I dont know of any canadian rental agencies that use monte carlos, and I have heard that Toronto and Ottawa police have been using some wierd cars for ghosts. I do know this car has been in an accident, as there is some overspray on the idenification panel on the drivers door, and the rubber bumpstops under the hood are now mysteriously body colored, the front fender has a couple of bubbles in the paint where dirt got trapped.

Anyone got carfax? Or help me figure out by the options who might have owned Crystal before me? Or what options this car has?

Thanks!

(Rj, the figure on your door panel is the GVWR I belive which is the curb wieght plus the max payload of the car)

Old 07-12-2007, 08:59 AM

FE2 is the suspension code. 4400 is the GVWR meaning the car and all cargo/load total.

Old 07-12-2007, 11:11 AM
rj
15 Year Member

I see FE2 is the suspension code.

But per the info given above my car shouls not have FE2 as a suspension code. It should be FE3 at the least.

Old 07-12-2007, 11:38 AM

FE3 wasn't available on Monte's. My LTZ also has FE2.

Old 07-12-2007, 07:28 PM
rj
15 Year Member

Anywhere you can find RPO codes listed for '06/07 Montes?

Old 07-12-2007, 07:44 PM

INFORMATION SUPPLIED BY GENERAL MOTORSTaken From:
http://www.autoweek.com/files/specia...mpala_info.doc

CHASSIS & SUSPENSION
Quiet, smoothness and refinement are the ride and handling traits conveyed through the Impala and Monte Carlo ’s revised chassis and suspension systems. A more robust front-end structure provides a firmer foundation to help reduce noise vibration and harshness (NVH). It also provides improved steering and handling performance.
Fully boxed upper frame rail assemblies have a wider, deeper and structurally stronger upper front tie bar, with slight machining differences between V-6 and V-8 models to provide room for the 5.3L V-8 engine. Stronger ties between the upper and lower rails stiffen the front structure for improved ride and handling and a large, lower front-of-dash panel has been strengthened. It is constructed from Quiet Steel laminated steel, which consists of sound deadening material bonded between sheets of steel and reduces resonant sound from a “clanging” to a muted “thud.”
An extruded aluminum engine cradle is used on both vehicles, too, and contributes to a smoother, vibration-free ride. The cradle’s lateral stiffness (at the steering joint) is increased with a new, one-piece machined rear crossmember and new aluminum rear body mounts, which helps improve handling control. Models equipped with a V-6 engine have a two-point engine-mounting system, while V-8 models have a three-point mounting system.
A power rack-and-pinion steering system is standard on all models, with the base Impala and Monte Carlo LS now using the same, responsive 13.3:1 steering ratio of uplevel models. All models also receive a quieter, improved performance power steering pump and fluid reservoirs. The new system optimizes internal flow of the hydraulic steering fluid within both the pump and the reservoirs.
At the front suspension, both vehicles feature McPherson strut coil-over-spring independent front suspension with gas-charged four-valve struts and a stabilizer bar. Taller jounce bumpers in the front suspension help enhance stability and control. The rear suspension uses a trailing arm, tri-link setup with gas-charged, four-valve struts and coil springs. A rear stabilizer bar is standard on all models.
From the basic suspension designs, Impala and Monte Carlo are available with three distinct suspension settings, each tuned to match the power and expected performance level of its respective model:
FE1 & FE2 (16-inch wheels): Impala base models have an FE1 suspension package and Monte Carlo LS has a new base FE2 suspension. Both are standard with the 3.5L V-6, providing improved control over previous base models without compromising ride quality. FE1 and FE2 use stiff, constant-rate front springs and variable-rate rear springs to provide higher roll rates. At the front, a stiffer torque strut design reduces NVH and helps provide a smoother, quieter ride. The packages include 16-inch wheels and P225/60R16 ALS (all-season) Goodyear Integrity radials, specifically developed to provide a quieter ride and better fuel economy compared to previous base models. A 10-mm (0.4-inch) wider track also is achieved, as the 16-inch wheels each are moved 5 mm outboard.
FE1 & FE2 (17-inch wheels): The FE1 and FE2 suspension packages also are available with 17-inch wheels and tires for better high-speed control, including the 10-mm-wider track. This combination is standard with vehicles equipped with the 3.9L V-6. The 3.9L engine also receives more powertrain damping to help optimize ride quietness, smoothness and handling. P225/55R17 AL2 (touring) Goodyear Eagle LS2 radials are partnered with the 17-inch aluminum wheels, providing greater handlin

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Need help with an RPO code.