General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Nascar inspired roof spoiler

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2009, 08:22 PM
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Thumbs down

You don't even want to go there.Talk about expensive.Whelen thew out a crazy price to make a light bar to fit the roof spoiler.You would then really have to nut and bolt it to your roof and run power to it.Can you say money is ,no object.

Old 03-27-2009, 10:44 PM

Yea the price is way out of my range atm but someday after Ive really thought long about it I could see maybe, but only for the unique eye turning factor it does throw off the flow of the car but at the same time throws in a whole new flow with the sunroof back I think that looks pretty nice. I bet if u were to get the spoiler wiring your own light bar shouldnt be to hard, especially not if u had that antenna you have to relocate cause that should be a good spot to run wires right???? I dont have that antenna so I dont know for sure thats just how I would imagine it.

Old 03-28-2009, 12:37 AM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by gmgwplus
I wish I had more pics of all car colors but not everyone sends pics after painting and installing.It doesn't make sense that because it doesn't come with a mechanical hardware, that the price is to steep.To put it better,all pieces are hand laid with fiberglass.If I were to have the thing bolted to the roof it would cost everyone more money,money to put the the studs in,plus a drill template would have to be made,and you would have to take the headline out and seal the holes,costing everybody more money.HHHMMM.Something to think about.I don't make them myself cuz it's messy.The place I get them made is a top notch fabrication shop affiliated with Nascar.If I could sell them at a lower cost,man, I would be the first to do that.I went 2 years trying to find someone new to fabricate these at the original cost.Everyone else wanted more money to make them,so I didn't have any for sale for that time.I put in a lot of time and research behind this product.My new guy make a way better piece than the original ones I first started with.I could spend $30,000 for an injection molded parts and you could get the part for a $100 with a cheap laquer paint job like the rear spoilers on Ebay,but then I would have to sell a whole lot to recover the cost,plus it would be made in China to be able to sell it CHEAP.I proud to say it's MADE IN AMERICA,keeping the money home.I don't say this is for everyone to buy,but you have the option if you like it and want something different.That's the aftermarket life;you have plenty of comination of parts to make no 2 car alike.OK.Ran out of breath.Thanks
Lots of good information here.

And once the roof spoiler is painted and attached I plan on sending some pictures like you asked me to.

This part is not for everyone. We happened to see one on a Monte at the Montes@MIS event in '07 and we both liked it.

When we got the Pace car last may we both talked about what we'd like to do to the car to improve it and we agreed we liked the roof spoiler very much.

Buying one just was not in the budget no matter how bad we wanted one. It just happened I had some extra funds after Christmas and I wanted to buy something I felt my girlfriend would really like as a present. So I contacted the seller and got one of the spoilers.

Even unpainted you can tell it's a quality piece. The body shop foreman who's going to paint it for me even stated he thought it was nice work.

Old 03-28-2009, 01:08 AM
15 Year Member
Cool Jugde for yourself

Thanks RJ.There is another company that makes a so called "Roof Spoiler".Price $299.00 from the manufacture and from other vendors $240+ $50 shipping yeh $50 for this little tiny thing you stick on your rear window.Looks more like a rear window visor than a roof spoiler.You can be the judge of this one.Some may like it and some may not.

Attached Thumbnails  Nascar inspired roof spoiler-roof.jpg  
Old 03-28-2009, 02:32 AM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- May 2009
15 Year Member

believe it or not, i actually like the look of that rear spoiler that sits above the window. i would never in my right mind pay 300 bucks for it, maybe 75, 100 at most. but i feel it goes smoothly with the flow of the car, it blends. it doesnt look aftermarket but you know its not stock. to each his/her own.

Old 03-28-2009, 05:23 AM

E
Originally Posted by gmgwplus
You don't want to go thre.Talk about expensive.Whelen thew out a crazy price to make a light bar to fit the roof spoiler.You would then really have to nut and bolt it to your roof and run power to it.Can you say money is ,no object.
Lets say I wanna go there, ballpark me a figure

Old 03-28-2009, 11:24 AM
rj
15 Year Member

I believe it's like $450. Probably more.

Old 03-28-2009, 01:25 PM

only 450? i thought he said he it was going to be expensive...

Old 03-28-2009, 01:57 PM
15 Year Member

They estimated over $3000 to prototype a light bar and the price would go down depending on the amount order.The more you buy the cheaper each unit is.Plus I would have to make a clear plex to go over the stobes and glass in the brackets to hold the strobes in and roof mount.So add another $1000 for material and development.$4000 guess,could be more or could be a little less.A final production light bar only, would be in the $1000 range with the light controller.It would look as close to the Nascar Official Pace Car as possible.You could make a cheap version by just buying individual lighs and cutting out small opening and epoxying the lights into place.It would look more like individual side marker lens side by side spaced out evenly across the back.If someone really wants one and has money to burn I would defenitely be glad to do it.To me it's something a lot of people want for there pace car but not affordable in my mind.That's why I made it the way I did,you get the look but without all the hassel-no drilling,no wiring,no disassembly,just paint and stick.DIY

Old 06-15-2009, 01:37 AM
15 Year Member

Selling off the remaining inventory.I have 9 left.I will not be producing any more after inventory is gone.So if anyone is interested;they're now on sale at the lowest price ever $250 w/ free shipping,US only.Buy one or hold on to one and sell them later at original price.When gone ,they're gone.So please pass this on.Thanks

Last edited by gmgwplus; 06-15-2009 at 01:38 AM. Reason: US only

Quick Reply: Nascar inspired roof spoiler