General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Names?

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2008, 12:21 AM
Default Names?

Hey guys and girls, So I'm doing all this stuff for the Monte and I still haven't decided on a name for it, I was thinking of Albino Rhino then I came across someone who had already taken it but you know what they say "Great minds (with Monte Carlos) think alike". So, got any ideas for me? I would also like to hear what you guys have named your car(s).

[IMG]local://upfiles/4553/8B28B9A575A544A7934119F798DAE7EC.jpg[/IMG]

Old 09-13-2008, 01:26 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2007
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default RE: Names?

Being white, only 1 name comes to my mind, White Lightning.

Old 09-13-2008, 05:43 AM

[align=center][/align][align=center]~BradMobile~[/align][align=center][:-][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align]

Old 09-13-2008, 10:53 AM

White Lightning. That was the name of my first car. It was a two door 1978 Ford Granada. 6 cylinder, but only running on 5, and broken struts so I would bounce my way down the road.Cruized to a lot of Def Leopard in that car. Ah the memories.

Old 09-13-2008, 01:36 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2009
5 Year Member

Grrr. One of my pet pieves is when people name their cars. When you have to refer to it, just call it the monte, or my monte, or my car. I dont see why it needs a name.

Old 09-13-2008, 03:36 PM

ORIGINAL: mrl390

Grrr. One of my pet pieves is when people name their cars. When you have to refer to it, just call it the monte, or my monte, or my car. I dont see why it needs a name.
Hi `Matt...lol
[align=center]Why do people name their cars?[/align][align=center]

[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Driving Miss Daisy, or Jimmy, or Foo Foo[/align][align=center]While many of us might confess to calling our car names when it won't start or breaks down, some people give their cars pet names, even petting them like the family dog and talking to them as if they were listening.[/align][align=center]
[/align]
[align=center]It's called anthropomorphism, the practice of suggesting human characteristics for animals (dogs playing poker, perhaps) or other inanimate objects - like your car for instance. Cars may technically be inanimate, but we don't necessarily think of them that way.[/align][align=center]
[/align]
[align=center]Why is it that you might name your car, but you would never give a name to your TV set, refrigerator or your sofa?[/align][align=center]
[/align]
[align=center]The experts have some theories: Cars move, making them animate objects. People think cars are alive. We personalize our cars with our stuff. Cars are a thing of pride.[/align][align=center]
[/align]
[align=center]“Cars are certainly more personal objects than refrigerators are, and a source of more personal pride,†said Cleveland Kent Evans, associate professor of psychology, Bellevue University. “Vehicles of any kind are probably also more likely to be named simply because they move in the course of their normal use, and so are more easily to think of like they were animate objects instead of inanimate ones.â€[/align][align=center]
[/align]
[align=center]True. But lawnmowers and vacuum cleaners move, and it's not generally acceptable to say, “I need to vacuum, will you get `Sucky' out of the closet for me?â€[/align][align=center]
[/align]
[align=center]“People name their cars because they're `alive',†said Ray Browne, professor of popular culture, emeritus, Bowling Green State University. “People used to name their wagons and buggies, as well as their horses, cows, dogs and cats. Some even name their houses now as well as their estates and other artifacts of culture close to them. They carry this intimacy closer in their pet names.â€[/align][align=center]
[/align]
[align=center]And even though cars are mass-produced, we personalize our cars with familiar smells, sounds and stuff like the picture of the kids taped to the dashboard or the tassel from graduation that hangs from the rear view mirror.[/align][align=center]
[/align]
[align=center]“I think that many of us spend a lot of time with our cars, not just driving/riding in them, but keeping them running, and counting on them to get us places,†said Ed Liebow, senior research scientist and associate director at Battelle's Center for Public Health Research in Seattle. “Many important things happen to some of us in cars relationships begin, grow stronger, end we listen to the radio or sound system and associate what we hear with powerful emotions. In short, our cars are not just utilitarian appliances. They occupy meaningful places in our lives. And despite being mass produced, they are individualized[/align]

Old 09-13-2008, 05:00 PM

ORIGINAL: mrl390

How about me? My girl's name is Monteca. (sounds like monica)

Old 09-13-2008, 07:33 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

ORIGINAL: Teacher

White Lightning. That was the name of my first car. It was a two door 1978 Ford Granada. 6 cylinder, but only running on 5, and broken struts so I would bounce my way down the road.Cruized to a lot of Def Leopard in that car. Ah the memories.
So calling his Monte, White Lightning, would be an improvement for the name.

I was going to say The Blizzard, but that's too much like a Dairy Queen desert. Then I thought of The Avalanche. You could even get the badge off of a Chevy Avalanche. But that sounded stupid too. If you do call it something, White Lightning is the best I've seen so far.

My uncle hada Ford Granada. His was a green four door. YUCK! [:@]

Someone asked me once if I had a name for mine. Didn't see the point, considering it has the name "Dale" written all over it. I did name my old car. My 99 Grand Am GT was named "The Money Pit".

Side note... As I typed "the money pit", I accidentally typed "The Monte Pit". Sounds like a decent name for a tv/radio show about... what else... Monte's!

Old 09-22-2008, 03:53 PM

How about Moonshine, out of respect for NASCAR's bootlegging roots?