General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

My Monte Carlo '71 (1st Generation)

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2007, 02:51 PM
Default My Monte Carlo '71 (1st Generation)

Okay.

Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupé

I runned 140.486 km (87.293 miles) with this car, and I had to do one paintjob (but it's still the original colour, dark-green metallic). The motor is a 350 in³ Turbo-Fire V8, I thought about installing the 454 but I wanted the car to be 101% original. Okay “Ein Bild sagt mehr, als 1000 Worte“ a picture says more, then 1000 words...

wow-wee!

what an ***!!

...interior

Questions? ASK!

PS: The car is real dirty, I know but it's clean and polished now.

Old 09-26-2007, 04:06 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default RE: My Monte Carlo '71 (1st Generation)

Awesome pics! Looks very clean!

Old 09-26-2007, 09:00 PM

That looks great!!!! The only thing I could see wrong is what looks like a dent over the license plate and that could just be an illusion.

It it really as dent free and clean in the pictures??!?!!

Old 09-27-2007, 08:43 AM

It's dent free, clean and polished. That thing that looks like a dent is bird- I'll try doing new pictures if I have time and a camera.

Old 09-27-2007, 09:01 AM

looks verry nice. reminds me of the 70 i had, makes me wish i still had it LOL

looks great.

Also is that actually a 8 track player under the dash?

Old 09-27-2007, 09:15 AM

Yep, that's an 8 track player. It doesn't work anymore, but that's okay. Try to find 8-track catridges in Germany... you won't find any. Oh yeah and before I forget, this Monte is second hand. The first owner built a manual 4-speed transmission into the car. After the broken clutch I asked how old the clutch was. “11 years, I've still got the original automatic transmission my garage, , so if you're exchanging the clutch you can install the original automatic transmission, too, ay? “ Yay, he gave it to me for free. Well I had to change the middle part of the interior because i wanted the (original) automatic transmission wich is placed at the steering weel. So i had to take every thing out: seats, dashboard, motor, clutch and transmission... hella work! maybe I can find the pics of the conversion.

Old 09-27-2007, 09:38 AM

LOL yeah i bet they wernt real crazy about them there .

thought it was what it looked like LOL

Old 09-27-2007, 09:53 AM

Lake constance boarders at Switzerland, Austria and Germany, and I live right at the border to Switzerland. The Swiss people love american cars. Switzerland is rich so are the people. Old Shelby cobras, new Mustangs or Vettes, Camaros, Chargers, Challengers and so many more. And if you're at a traffic light with a tuned up GOLF III ( http://www.autodoplnky.cz/picture/ga...II_black_b.jpg ) you look at the (18 year old) driver rev up once, and when the light turns green you hear them tires squeak and you only see that Volkswagen in your back mirror fading away (and a dumb face from that GOLF III driver). The cops love my car, so I don't have to pay the speeding ticket to often
But driving a Chevy was always my dream and it is still one of the best things I have got in my live (and my girlfriend)

edit: mickey, it's your fault!! Well, I'll go to America in three weeks and thoght about buying an 8 Track Player, and some catridges. Does someone know where to buy something like that? I'll be in Miami, Orlando and Tallahasee.

Old 09-28-2007, 09:33 AM

Thanks knightfan. But you've got a nice '76, too. What engine does it have?

Quick Reply: My Monte Carlo '71 (1st Generation)