General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

My monte.

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2008, 08:52 PM
Default My monte.

This subject is about your monte.

What do you love about your monte? what is it that mad you want to drive your monte? What made you buy it.. have you had any regrets getting this car and not another one?

Old 04-03-2008, 09:22 PM
Default RE: My monte.

i only got this car cos it was free, the fact that ive had to replace everything bumper to bumper and now that ive ran the vin and found out it was a rental car for many years makes me regret accepting it. what i love is now that ive dropped tens of thousands into it that its finally something besides a grannymobile. but id never pay for a 5th gen unless someone had put as much work into it like i have with mine

Old 04-03-2008, 09:33 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

I liked it's looks, styling... and I liked the power at the time. I came from an 'ol 93 Silverado to this. I liked the large interior, the comfort, and even the ride. Now that I've had a "taste" of power, I want more... I wish I had bought the Trans Am I looked at a month before getting this sometimes as the gas mileage isn't but like 4 mpg better and hte power was WAY better. O'well.... 325 hp and 6 gears to somebody else.....

Overall, I'm stil happy with my Monte.I got 33 mpg out of it highway once... that was nice. The power is still good... still beats up on imports, a good sleeper.Looks wise, I think these 6th gens areamongst thebest looking cars on the road.

Old 04-03-2008, 09:37 PM

The interior! This car had the cleanest looking inside I had ever seen with the brushed metal accents and everything.

The only thing that I regret is that it wasn't the V8, but the 3.9L has been good to me so far.

Old 04-03-2008, 09:41 PM

I got my car because ouuta all the cars on the lot it was the nicest! I drove it and it road so soomth. nobody round here has this modle. and it looks sexy to me.. it gets me where i need to go for right now and thats what counts.

Old 04-03-2008, 10:43 PM

I bought mine because I needed wheels; bad. The old Buick I had just up and died. I couldn't put another Nickel into it and feel good about it. A Junk Yard towed it away and gave me 150-bucks for it.

My Monte was paraked next door. The lady who owned it spent most of her time washing it. When we saw the For Sale Sign on it; my wife and I decided to take it for a spin.
I was sold as soon as I started it up. It came to life instantly and almost purred. The test drive was short because dit was Winter and we didn't want to risk being in a Fender-Bender with it.

The car is a Plum! It's comfortable. It drives really nicely. Has Power for a Stock LS. Has a funky-looking Vinyl Top that makes it look like a rag-top. Nice inside. Fine outside. Everything is covered by an Extended Warranty. I'm going to put some new tires on it and drive it until it can't go another mile. I hope that that means for years to come because I'm really treating it nice and doing every maintenance item to keep it tip-top while it belongs to me.

That meant learning how to do a few things to that 60-Degree V-6. But, I'm a Hot-Rod Guy and can handle spinning the wrenches to keep it nicely tuned-up and running like the Bow-Tie wearing Coupe she is!

Old 04-04-2008, 07:14 AM

Hi `Ant,
Good Question, below is past post on the
subject "Why did you buy a Monte Carlo ?"
Click on below link to see what our member's posted.
[:-]

Old 04-04-2008, 07:31 AM

Plus this car has more get up and go then my 1992 expo did. I really just needed wheels too, if you want to look at it like that.

Old 04-04-2008, 08:41 AM

I`ve always wanted one. When I got the chance to buy the `97 I jumped on it. Wife`s Buick bit the dust and needed a car. Love the body style of the 5th gens and they drive awesum. When the gas priced started going through the roof I started looking for one and the same guy I bought the `97 from wanted to sell his `98 so I bought that one for me.So now we have his and hers Montes. If I can get my pics to download I`ll show `em off....lol.......

Old 04-04-2008, 09:02 AM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I bought mine because I didn't want to buy another Grand Prix and I knew after 03 they were going to drop the coupe so I bought my Monte - my first Chevy and it is by far my favorite car I have ever owned.