General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

My Intimidator Moded & Tuned

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2008, 01:10 PM
Default RE: My Intimidator Moded & Tuned

just wondering how much this level has run you?
$$$$$$?

t. pro

Old 08-13-2008, 04:02 PM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

It cost me about $1500. You know I purchased all these things over a long period of time so I didn't even realize I spent that much until I just totaled it up. Yikes, don't tell my wife! I'm still having odd problems with the security light coming on every once in awhile but it has yet to lock up like it did before. I talked to Milzy and he said it would be common to do a security re-learn if we had done a PCM swap but since we just tuned my stock PCM it should not be a problem. So I am not sure what is going on it with it.

Old 08-18-2008, 03:25 PM

Well it locked me out 2 more times in the past couple days. I went home for lunch, went to go back to work and the darn security went off and made me late getting back to work. No big deal, but a nuisance for sure.

04 Intimidator, I read that there is a Passlock sensor that can go bad and cause this does that sound right? I made an appointment to take it to the dealership tomorrow morning. I wonder if I should tell them I got a tune and to not reflash my pcm...or if I should not mention it.

Old 08-18-2008, 03:54 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

If anything, they should at least tell you before they re-flash your PCM. Just like any other repair, they're supposed to get permission to go ahead before starting. At least that's what the GM dealerships do here.

Old 08-18-2008, 08:41 PM

If anything, when you get there, tell them that you would like to be aware of all changes before they happen and just hope they dont stumble upon the PCM. -Jon

Old 08-19-2008, 11:19 AM

They said it is either the Passlock sensor which will cost $350 to replace or the BCM which will cost $500 to replace... I asked him if it was the BCM if they just reflash it and he said no that they would replace it because it is likely shorting out... Seems strange to me, too bad they can't just disable the passlock system. So I guess I will keep driving it until it does it again and then take it back and probably get the passlock sensor replaced. If its the BCM I would just order a new tuned one from Milzy I suppose.

Old 09-04-2008, 07:46 AM

Has anyone replaced a Passlock sensor? Is this something I can do or does it have to be done by the dealer? I am in the process of getting another PCM from Milzy, he saved my tune on his laptop, but if that doesn't do it I am going to have to get the sensor replaced. This has made me late to work too many times.

Old 09-04-2008, 11:30 AM
rj
15 Year Member

Any chance either of these parts can be purchased from say gmpartsdirect (cheaper then the dealership) and have someone install it for you? If you can't do this yourself, that is.

Old 09-04-2008, 08:46 PM

ORIGINAL: 04 Intimidator

I get that myself every so often but it is due to an after market security system. It would be the GM passlock system causing the problem... this will include the key itself and the ignition modual. The PCM swap/tune shouldn't affect this.
The passlock sensors on these cars are notorious for failing. They are a cinch to replace though. You don't even need to replace the ignition cylinder, you can pop the ignition cylinder out of the passlock sensor. When I get back this weekend, I'll do a step by step with my '05 Malibu Classic; it has the same ignition set up.

Old 09-04-2008, 08:49 PM

If you lived in MI I would do it for you. It's easy. They are about $160 at a dealership.

Quick Reply: My Intimidator Moded & Tuned