General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

My car died

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2007, 10:56 PM
Default My car died

Well 3 days ago my check engine light came on. Took it to advanced auto to check the diagnostic. Was a vaccum leak somwhere in the engine. I was like ok nothing to major until the next day i noticed that my car started to hesitate when giving it the gas and when it was running at 2500rpm it would flucutate like it was about to stall even at 60mph. Then it kicked down into 3rd redlined then shifted back down. So i said something has to be wrong so i took it to the dealer to get the diagonstic checked out and then i got the call... My car needs a new cat, both O2 sensors, a new temp gauge,a newselinode, fuel filter pluggedand my intake manifold was leaking. Then they called again today saying that my intake manifold was warped and i needed a whole new one for$200 not to mention if any of that antifreeze went it to my engineit would mean future parts[:@]. I was just about to put some aftermarket stuff on it then all this sh*t had to happen. Total cost so far $1800 wont get it back for a week. It just all happened at once and my car is only a 02'. Its just dissappointing so much for this months rent lol.

Old 12-22-2007, 01:33 AM
Default RE: My car died

man sorry to hear of this.
This is also somthing i have seriouly not liked about our cars they dont make a after market intake man. for them. so your stuck with stock. this forces you to go find one in a bone yard or the dealership either way bring your own Lube

Old 12-22-2007, 03:43 PM

Hey big trick here I found out for my Gen V. Go out and get the cheapest synthetic oil out there. Change yours to the sysnthetic, run for about 15 minutes and change to whatever oil you normally use.

Syntetic oil will bond to the antifreeze and drain it for you. Conventional oil doesn't bond so a flush won't cut t.

Old 12-22-2007, 04:11 PM

zzp is pffering an intake for the 3800's that they claim is less likely to warp

Old 12-22-2007, 06:55 PM

I had synthetic in there i hope that it helped it. I should know more about the situation thurs i just hope they dont find anythig else wrong.

Old 12-22-2007, 07:07 PM

hey keep us posted on this i still hate the idea of plastic parts LOL

by the way to those who dont know the STRANGER HI RICH!!!

Old 12-23-2007, 05:42 PM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Wow. When it rains it snows, huh?

Sorry to hear all the mechanical problems your car developed. I had a car like that once that the dealer just kept finding every time they touched the car. I began to believe they were doing stuff to the car every time they had it, so I would bring it back for more work ata later time. The dealer owner and I had some hard words.

Good luck with your car. We're waiting to hear it's back in the garage safe n sound.

Old 12-23-2007, 06:08 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I've had an experience like rj, with one particular dealership. When I brought the car in for something, they could never find the problem but charged me for the time spent on it. Or they would find a lot of expensive parts that needed replacing IMMEDIATELY! Quit going there and the repairs needed suddenly went down to dam near nothing. Dealership has since changed ownership.

Buddy... hope your car is returned to you better than new very soon. Hopefully something like this doesn't happen again. Wishing you Merry Christmas and Safe Driving in the new year!

Old 12-23-2007, 09:13 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2009
5 Year Member

My former vehicle was a 93 f150 and I was (still am) a member of ford truck enthusiasts forum. One guy on there posted about a problem he was having with his newer f150 with the 4.6 V8. I believe he was having trouble with it running rough. He took it to the dealer and they diagnosed a problem with one of the heads and its cam(s). They kept carging him for repairs while they were trying to diagnose this problem. None of the repairs helped at all. Every time he would take it back and make them fix it again. Finally it came down to them "diagnosing" the problem with the head. They replaced the head, printed a bill for all of it, threw out the old head without asking or telling him about it and gave the owner a call to get it. Well when he found out what they did he refused to pay for it. When he refused to pay for it, they refused to let him have his truck back! So he paid the bill and took his truck. After that he threatened lawsuits and had a lengthy talk with the dealership owner and finally a ford VP in some area I believe. Only after that did they "decide" to not charge him for anything and reimbursed the other charges.

Thats just one of the reasons I dont take anything that isnt under warranty to the stealership. They think $$$$ as soon as they see someone who has a problem anddoesntknow what it is.

Old 12-24-2007, 12:24 PM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I asked about having mud flaps put in my '06 Monte by the dealer when they had it. I believe the bill just for installation was right at $135 for $40 mud flaps.

They didn't put them on.

Quick Reply: My car died