General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

My 03 SS

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2010, 05:05 PM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Talking My 03 SS

this is a video of my 2003 N/A SS. since i shot the vid, i have put on an oil breather from spectre, and fixed my air intake filter so that it sits in a more proper position. also, a non-visual improvement, i cleaned the MAF sensor. but other than that, this is it. comments appreciated

p.s. the exhaust is to be modified later this fall, or next spring. 2.5'' piping from resonator back to 2 Summit Racing glasspacks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-XnONTUFBzg

Old 08-25-2010, 07:33 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Nice, clean Monte. Nice touch with the black stripes too.

Old 08-25-2010, 07:45 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member

Very nice!

Old 08-25-2010, 08:34 PM

Monte Of The Month -- April 2011
GOT SPL

I Like the black stripes..

Old 08-25-2010, 09:55 PM
Default nice 03

..........Nice 03 SS. Love the color. Those stripes aren't to bad either.
Very clean inside and out. Are going to enclose the cone filter ?
It would help the throttle-body run cooler.

Old 08-25-2010, 10:11 PM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2011
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

You said that you're running an oil breather? Do you mean that you put something on your valve cover? If you did then you need to go back to the stock oil cap. I'm just trying to help you out.

If you need ideas on what to do, we're here for you and we know what works. That's for sure

Old 08-26-2010, 06:03 PM

@zipper: yes, it is on my valve cover. how come i need to put the stock oil cap back on? thanks for the advice and comments too everyone i greatly appreciate it!
@nascar43: i have gotten countless compliments on the stripes and the color of it. that color (cameroon red i believe it's called) isnt necessicarily rare, i do see it from time to time, but it isnt prevalent among Monte Carlos. also i (as well as everyone here im sure haha) take care of my paint job. hand wash, hand wax, constantly trying to find shade trees etc. as for the stripes, i bought them @ AutoZone ($20 for 24 feet) and it took me about 2 hours per side. well worth the time and effort.
also, it is MUCH cleaner inside now. i bought McGuier's (sorry bout sp.) natural shine protectant, and boy did that make a difference very shiny, and holds it's luster well.
also nascar 43, yes, i do plan on enclosing the filter. when? no idea. i have virtually no $$ right now because im in college and a commuter (about 30 mi a day). unless anyone knows of any cheap do-it-yourself alternatives?

Old 08-26-2010, 07:18 PM

that breather is for boosted cars that delete their pcv setup and need to vent the built up air pressure inside the engine.

Old 08-26-2010, 09:44 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2010
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by 03SSChevyFun
@zipper: yes, it is on my valve cover. how come i need to put the stock oil cap back on? thanks for the advice and comments too everyone i greatly appreciate it!
@nascar43: i have gotten countless compliments on the stripes and the color of it. that color (cameroon red i believe it's called) isnt necessicarily rare, i do see it from time to time, but it isnt prevalent among Monte Carlos. also i (as well as everyone here im sure haha) take care of my paint job. hand wash, hand wax, constantly trying to find shade trees etc. as for the stripes, i bought them @ AutoZone ($20 for 24 feet) and it took me about 2 hours per side. well worth the time and effort.
also, it is MUCH cleaner inside now. i bought McGuier's (sorry bout sp.) natural shine protectant, and boy did that make a difference very shiny, and holds it's luster well.
also nascar 43, yes, i do plan on enclosing the filter. when? no idea. i have virtually no $$ right now because im in college and a commuter (about 30 mi a day). unless anyone knows of any cheap do-it-yourself alternatives?
buy some flex pipe and just put that filter in the fender

Old 08-26-2010, 11:11 PM
Monte Of The Month - February 2010
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

looks cool man, where you at in the Pittsburgh, 1 hour north area? I live in the burgh. talk soon later man!