General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Mustang GT owner, liking the 06 SS's

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2007, 02:00 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default RE: Mustang GT owner, liking the 06 SS's

nothing sounds as good as a good 4.6 with a decent exhuast system.. preferbly a MAC or SLP.

Old 11-13-2007, 03:45 PM

Mines a SLP( which is straughtpipes)and no mufflers. It ran a 13.8 STOCK with driving to the track,not letting it cool and keeping all the stuff in it, no track prep like tires etc. Ive heard of stock GT's( with proof) of getting down to 13.49 on a stock GT with good conditions and a normal one can get a 13.6 after letting it cool and having a decent driver. a tune/intake can add a hell of a lot 30 WHP and some ET streets and it can run a 13.0 for cheap. I dont see a monte doing that, although i dont see a mustang GT running through winter on et streets too. Also, my GT does have TC. Its a habbit i have to always turn it off, IDK why. I did it in my GTP to, get in the car and turn it off, first thing. In my mustang i usually keep it off just incase i fishtail a tad on a slow corner it just carries through instead of cuttign power, braking and jerking. This accident just scared me about driving a RWD car in winter, but im really missing my car now. -Jon

Old 11-13-2007, 05:02 PM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Sounds like your still loving the Stang. So maybe a Monte Carlo isn't the car you want just yet?

Old 11-13-2007, 05:44 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I agree with rj. Maybe keep the 'stang and just get a winter beater.

If you're used to the performance and sound of your GT, you won't want an 04-05 supercharged Monte. You won't like it. As for an 06-07 V8 SS Monte, I think you won't like the Displacement On Demand cutting half your engine off when ever it feels like it. Of course like previously mentioned, you could always get your hands on a programmer and re-program the thing. But it sounds like your still liking your Mustang GT, and rightly so, it is an awesome car. I seriously considered buying one when GM refused to sell me a new GTO. If I were you, I'd get a winter beater and keep the stang.

Old 11-13-2007, 06:39 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

wow.... Monte Carlo members recommend someone keep a Mustang? i agree with you guys, but wow, i can't believe you Chevy guys recommended someone keep their Ford. I'm proud of you guys

Old 11-13-2007, 07:02 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

What?
MCF doesn't stand for Mustang Cobra Forum?
Crud! I'm on the wrong site.

[sm=joke.gif][sm=icon_rofl.gif]

Old 11-13-2007, 08:24 PM

ORIGINAL: Cowboy6622

wow.... Monte Carlo members recommend someone keep a Mustang? i agree with you guys, but wow, i can't believe you Chevy guys recommended someone keep their Ford. I'm proud of you guys
Not me, Cowboy. Look...I've been a Ford guyfor most of mylife, but even after putting a ton of money in it,my 02 GT Premium was a POS in my opinion. The 06 SS is a whole different ball game, and I love it.

Old 11-13-2007, 08:58 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2007
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I've had more Fords than any other brand, including a '66 and '67 'stang. NONE of them even comes close to the quality of my Intimidator SS. I understand the power thing of the v-8 'stang GT, but if you want a year round driver, like I do, either an '04 or '05 blown Monte SS, or '06 or '07 SS with the 5.3 is a SUPER driving car. Never drove the Monte with a v-8, but I did drive an Impala. WOW! Didn't care for the DOD, tho. Power, yes.
I still am happy with my 290hp v-6, and with a little more $$$, much more hp!
AND, this is THE best winter driving vehicle I have EVER had in my almost 40 years of winter driving, except maybe my '01 SS LE, because of the Michelin Energy tires. I've had 4x4 trucks, SUV's, and everything else. I'll NEVER go back to RWD or 4x4. Not in Michigan.

Old 11-13-2007, 09:31 PM

I had a SC'ed V6 with all the goodies, Borla, 1.9RR's ,3.2 mps, ran a 13.5. It was a great car, buti wanted to move newer.I like the 06 styling in the front and if i get one it will be a 06+SS( 5.3L). I really do want to take one of these for a test drive, but im not completely set on keeping my stang or getting a new car( monte SS) From what ive read about the DOD, it cuts power at cruising speed and gives it back the second u hit the gas, and u never feel it. Right? what sounds so bad about that? I know im going to get sick on my 5 speed and will want to just sit back, but hey, well see how this thing goes, ill take a test drive and see how it pans out. I really dont wanna have to get a different car, because if i sell my GT, and get a new car, im down 4000$, with an even car trade. I paid 2000$ tax on my stang and 2000$ on a monte, then im losing $$. Well, just thankfull my insurance didnt raise after all of this. -Jon

Old 11-13-2007, 09:34 PM

well, i added a sig -Jon

Quick Reply: Mustang GT owner, liking the 06 SS's