General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

6th Gen ('00-'05): MPD1 hood finished

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2017, 03:25 PM

Originally Posted by wht02monte
Very nice, im jealous.. Any pics with it open??
I do not have any right now, i acually took the plenum off until i do something different with the intake

Old 08-25-2017, 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by ZIPPY02
Your 00 Monte is looking extra sharp with your functional MPD "Ram Air" hood. I'm willing t go out on a limb and say you will probably be one of the last few to do this mod. You had to reach deep into your pocket for this bit of work. Hell a custom hood plus shipping, painting and installation. Some times you have to just say "What the heck" and go for it and get it done. Now look at your Monte, sweet & tough looking, extra nice mod for sure.

Now what sic mod will you being doing next, just so you keep broke like the rest of us... "Coil overs?"

What's up with the 82nd Abn Div. banner on your wall, you a jumper, or is that at the shop that did your hood?
Thank you, you are correct it was not cheap for this project, all said and done it was about $1388, but to me it was worth it and i didnt see this hood getting done any cheaper. As for the banner, that is my dads old division when he was in the army, its actually my dads shop.

Old 08-25-2017, 03:40 PM

Originally Posted by HKnux5112
I actually called the guy who does these a few days ago. Even though the paypal link is not there anymore on the Monte Carlo section, you can still call and he will do it. He said he'll phase it out by next summer.
This is pretty accurate, when i called him back in june he was pretty hesitant to even do this project for me.

Old 08-27-2017, 02:46 PM

this hood looks so bitchin I ordered one today. they are still taken orders. $805. with out the plenum and $875. with the plenum + shipping. I ordered it with. I do my own painting and prep. work so there should not be any additional cost.

Old 09-02-2017, 04:24 PM

Got the project wrapped up!

Old 09-02-2017, 08:14 PM

That is nice!!

Old 09-21-2017, 09:58 AM

anybody know if they survived Irma? their shop is near palm beach.

Old 09-22-2017, 06:48 PM

Originally Posted by HKnux5112
I actually called the guy who does these a few days ago. Even though the paypal link is not there anymore on the Monte Carlo section, you can still call and he will do it. He said he'll phase it out by next summer.
Wow that's so sad to hear, is it still Phil? I think that was his name, been so many years since I installed mine, still holding up well. My paint shop said he used top quality fiberglass.

EDIT: it's Eric...lol

Originally Posted by Ben Elfmann
This is pretty accurate, when i called him back in june he was pretty hesitant to even do this project for me.
Really??? Sad to hear we are losing even more support.

Originally Posted by hamerhead
this hood looks so bitchin I ordered one today. they are still taken orders. $805. with out the plenum and $875. with the plenum + shipping. I ordered it with. I do my own painting and prep. work so there should not be any additional cost.
*thumbs up*!!!!

Originally Posted by Ben Elfmann
Got the project wrapped up!

Very nice! What intake is that? I need to redo my CIA and maybe an order a new plenum but I'll probably going turbo soon so it may not make much sense.

Last edited by Mac7504; 09-22-2017 at 06:50 PM.
Old 09-26-2017, 11:52 AM

It's CAI's set up, I cut a hole on top of there plexiglass lid to match up with the hole on my plenum

Old 11-08-2017, 03:05 PM

Who makes that's CIA, is what I meant.