General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Is this monte worth it or will I be overpaying?

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2015, 01:29 PM
Default Is this monte worth it or will I be overpaying?

2005 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Tony Stewart Edition Supercharged SS 2dr Coupe In Dearborn Dearborn Taylor Ritetrack Auto Sales

It looks extremely clean, It does have the gauge isssues, I plan on having that fixed.

Ran a carfax and its from maryland single owner.

Also talked the guy down to 6k. I think its a really nice car for the money. but Its going to be a daily driver and It cant be ready to fall apart,

Old 04-17-2015, 02:09 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Looks very clean. I'd inquire about if the trans has been serviced or not - that is sort of a weak link with these cars. Oh and also ask if the supercharger oil has been changed. 6K seems like a fair price for this car.

Old 04-17-2015, 02:11 PM

Monte of the Month -- February 2015
Monte Of The Month -- April 2017
3 Year Member
1 Year Member

Looks nice!! Like Amy said, ask about service it has had.

Old 04-17-2015, 02:42 PM

I am unsure if the dealer would know as the carfax states he just got it at auction and hes been trying to sell for 30 days.

I Just had a 2001 grand prix se, I purchased and it died at 156k, tranny doesnt shift easy and headgasket blew when it overheated(thermostat) I just dont want to buy a car put 20k on it and have it die aswell. Although the body is nice Enough I would consider swapping motors.

Old 04-17-2015, 02:55 PM

3 Year Member
1 Year Member

Tim:
Unfortunately, that is the risks you take when purchasing a used car as a lot of places give no warranty at all. Will the dealer let you have a mechanic of your choosing check it out before purchase??
Does the car fax give you the names of who else owned it? If it does, look them up and call them. Find out why they got rid of it or if they know of anything wrong with it.

Old 04-17-2015, 02:58 PM

I think the price is fair & it's good that it has a CarFax and is a one owner. You have to remember that it is a ten year old car with close to 130K miles. If you are not a mechanic, I would suggest finding a good one & having them check it out. Wish you good luck Let us know `OK

^Hopefully this Monte had a loving owner
that did his own service to his Monte (?)
It does look clean in the pic's 4>Sure

"Treat them with love & they will last a long time > Abuse them & they will sure abuse you" 4>Sure

Last edited by BeachBumMike; 04-17-2015 at 03:01 PM.
Old 04-17-2015, 03:03 PM

alright, it is about an hour drive away so I will see if I can get it inspected, I do know that theres no way to gurantee a car, I plan on having an odb2 reader connected to it and just drive it a little agressively to see how she shifts and picks up,

Old 04-17-2015, 03:09 PM

3 Year Member
1 Year Member

There ARE some places that will give you a warranty but not many.
Ask them for some sort of warranty. The most they could say is NO.

Old 04-17-2015, 03:14 PM

Originally Posted by Tim Lockhart
alright, it is about an hour drive away so I will see if I can get it inspected, I do know that theres no way to gurantee a car, I plan on having an odb2 reader connected to it and just drive it a little agressively to see how she shifts and picks up,

Hi Tim, Good Luck...It pays to do your homework b-4, then to have buyers remorse later 4>Real.

It's great that you have reader...I would also try to put it on a rack & inspect underneath (look for leaks, tire wear, etc) Look in2 the radiator & see if it looks clean...

Keep us updated `OK...Oh, how long has it been at this dealer ? Also, I would check every switch, button, wipers, heater/a/c...Check out the trunk & also look for any flood damage > under the seats & truck...look for rusty parts/metal (How does the inside smell ?) Has it been a smoker's car ? Search for hidden drugs (LOL)

Old 04-17-2015, 03:15 PM

been at the dealer for about 25 days. carfax came clean on accidents floods etc.

Quick Reply: Is this monte worth it or will I be overpaying?