General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

monte vs tsx

Old 12-01-2005, 12:33 AM
Default monte vs tsx

who do you tihnk would win a 04 monte carlo ss non supercharged or an acura tsx

Old 12-02-2005, 07:40 PM
Default RE: monte vs tsx

Cough TSX depends on the TSX... is it like the RSX type S? the 200 hp the acura's are light and the MC is a slug. my 96 Z is faster then the NA 3800 MC

Old 01-02-2006, 12:32 AM

Dude, what are you talking about "04 Monte Carlo SS non-supercharged?!?!"

If it's a 2004 and it's not supercharged, it's not an SS. Sorry, mate.

Old 01-02-2006, 08:44 AM

dude what are you talking about there are ss that are non supercharged learn ur cars

Old 01-03-2006, 03:29 AM

Say what?!?! Show me.

The super-charger and the suspension are the biggest differences between the SS and LT. Did you buy your car new from a Chevy Dealer? What makes it an SS if it doesn't have a blower? Did it start out that way and someone like a previous owner removed the blower before you owned it?

Hey, I'm not trying to start trouble, but what makes you think that it's an SS if it has no supercharger? Since your last post here I went in search of it and cannot find out any information on "Non-Supercharged Monte Carlo SS"

You sure you're not riding an LT, bruh?

Old 01-03-2006, 03:50 AM

OK, Chief...educated myself a bit. I found this article online, (pasted directly from website)...

Trim Details: The Monte Carlo is a two-door coupe that comes in three trim levels: LS, SS and Supercharged SS. The base LS model comes with 16-inch wheels, dual-zone air conditioning, power door locks and windows, a tilt steering wheel, keyless entry, traction control, a tire-pressure monitor and remote keyless entry. Stepping up to the SS model gets you foglights, rocker-panel moldings, a rear spoiler, alloy wheels and dual exhaust outlets. Inside, SS models add cruise control, a leather-wrapped steering wheel with audio controls and upgraded cloth seats. On top of those items, the Supercharged SS offers 17-inch wheels, a lowered suspension and full-perimeter ground effects. Options include leather seats, an upgraded audio system with a CD player, satellite radio, power front seats, heated exterior mirrors and a power sunroof.

Looks like for 05, (which is what I have), the "SS" was renamed "LT," and the "Supercharged SS" is now the "SS."

As you can see I was quite confused. Now I understand. I wasn't trying to call you out or talk you down or anything, man.

BTW, those TSXs are pretty quick. I ran alongside one getting onto the Freeway. From the light, the MC jumps off the line much better than the import, but once you get up to speed, the TSX eventually overtook me. Wasn't until we hit about 60+ that the Acura started to edge up on me.

Old 01-03-2006, 03:55 AM

I also find that the car runs much better with the Traction Control disabled. Not sure if yours has it or not, but try it if you haven't.

You might be able to answer a question for me. I am interested in getting the LED taillights for my car from www.procarparts.com. The thing is, they only list the model years up to 2004, and mine is an 05. I called customer service and they are not sure if the 04 lights will fork for the 05.

Your thoughts?