General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Which Monte Should I Get?

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2011, 06:45 PM
Default Which Monte Should I Get?

So im big into the auto auction and my auto broker showed me to montes of the bat i wanted both in one of my post i stated i was getting the black one but help me out which would you choose. NOTICE......

The black one has the 3.5L base motor, leather, sunroof, surf board spoiler (hate it), but i will have to get a new fender, bumper, and possibly hood
Copart

The white one has the 3.9L LTZ motor, cloth seats, no sunroof, pace spoiler, no serious damage
Copart

^^^CLICK THE LINK THAT SAYS COPART^^^

Old 07-23-2011, 07:42 PM

I would definitely go for the white one.
The only thing missing on that one would be the sunroof! Good luck.

Old 07-23-2011, 07:57 PM
Monte Of The Month -- July 2011
Monte Of The Month -- December 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

In mo. they are hard on salvage certificate / title so I would have a hard time buying them...

Old 07-23-2011, 08:26 PM

salvage for the state but if it cross to florida it will be a rebuild on both, and white dont have leather either

Old 07-23-2011, 08:54 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

If you're fine working with a salvage titled car, which both cars are, then I'd say go for the white one. It's got the more powerful engine, and the spoiler you like. Not having the sun roof kinda sucks. But as for the seats, you can always find the leather seats on the net and sell your cloth ones to help pay for it.

The black one has a smaller engine, more miles, and front end damage. The white one is simply cosmetic hail damage.

Go with the white one and simply swap the cloth seats for leather.

Old 07-23-2011, 09:12 PM

Originally Posted by Taz
If you're fine working with a salvage titled car, which both cars are, then I'd say go for the white one. It's got the more powerful engine, and the spoiler you like. Not having the sun roof kinda sucks. But as for the seats, you can always find the leather seats on the net and sell your cloth ones to help pay for it.

The black one has a smaller engine, more miles, and front end damage. The white one is simply cosmetic hail damage.

Go with the white one and simply swap the cloth seats for leather.
Plus the black one looks like the previous owner hacked it up. Those seats aren't factory. If you look at the front bumper lip, and side skirts, they're an after market body kit. The stick on hood scoop, etc. It's better just to stay away from that because to repair that it'll cost even more and can be harder to find the kits to match.

Old 07-23-2011, 09:56 PM

mogwog the seats are factory i talk to chevy and if you can see they are stitched saying " the heart beat of america" with the bowtie and chevy said the seats where a limited time option also for impalas. so rare seats go to the black

Old 07-23-2011, 10:06 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2010
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by tremayne0126
mogwog the seats are factory i talk to chevy and if you can see they are stitched saying " the heart beat of america" with the bowtie and chevy said the seats where a limited time option also for impalas. so rare seats go to the black
so they were swapped from an impala, i agree with getting the white one, you will enjoy the extra power and a sun roof isn't a big loss IMO

Old 07-23-2011, 10:50 PM
Monte Of The Month -- October 2011
Monte Of The Month -- July 2014
RED DEVIL

if i had to choose i would say the white one

Old 07-23-2011, 11:23 PM

Originally Posted by tremayne0126
the seats are factory i talk to chevy and if you can see they are stitched saying " the heart beat of america" with the bowtie and chevy said the seats where a limited time option also for impalas. so rare seats go to the black
Hmmm, well I learned something new today. Still say white one.

Quick Reply: Which Monte Should I Get?