General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

MONTE on jobsite.....

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2017, 06:52 PM
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default MONTE on jobsite.....

I started a new job the other day and the homeowner had a monte ss in the driveway. it was in pretty bad shape but fun to check it out. interior was originally burgundy but was faded to a pink and the exterior had seen better days. i took quick look at it and i saw it was an 87 or 88, by the trunk and rear lights. i spoke to the owner later and asked "87 or 88?" because the registration was scrathced off. he replied "neither.....its an 86". i was like "no way! it has 87-88 trunk and lights!"

could it have been an 86 and a half? i only heard of 83 and a half as far as 1/2s go. can anyone shed some light on this? thanks!!

Old 04-28-2017, 06:45 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2013
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Well, the non-technical answer is that the owner is wrong. In my experience, the majority of car owners do not actually know the year of their cars. An enthusiast would know, but this car doesn't sound particularly loved. You might know more about his car then he does.