General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Monte Carlo's FIRST car show!

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2010, 10:59 PM

I had more comments obviously from the males about the Mustang, and the comments on the Monte from the females. Mostly cuz there are a TON of Monte Carlos up here driven daily by all kinds, including females. The DJ that was playing music and performing came up the microphone and asked some questions about the Mustang as well... (what was it, how much HP, things like that). Later on in the car show he did ask some questions about the Monte...He wanted to know the production number and how many were made. I gave him some info on all the NASCAR themed automobiles.

I did have a friend show up, a fellow young car enthusiast, who brought along another friend with him, and we talked about the Wizaired and how unique it is with the insulated airbox. I said that it is basically a K&N cone filter but my reason for purchasing this unit was for the insulated air box. They asked if a "drop in" filter was just as good as an entire CAI system. I said in my case, NO! I previously had the K&N drop in filter and it sounded NOTHING like this one.

All in all it was a fine show... a little sprinkling of rain, which may have hindered the outcome but it was nice. I'll do another show at the same place on the Tuesday following Labor day. It will probably be the last car show of the season we'll see what mods are in place on BOTH cars by that time!

Thanks for reading the thread, and thank you VERY kindly for your comments on both cars... I love my children!

Old 06-07-2010, 03:16 PM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- August 2009

Cool. Car shows are awesome.

Old 06-07-2010, 03:54 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Both great cars!

Old 06-26-2010, 11:07 PM

Here is car show NUMBER 2 for the Monte.... It was a great time!! This was also the FIRST car show I've done since the ROUSHcharger went on my 08 Mustang. I now own TWO supercharged beasts!!

I was glad to get to go to this show at a local assisted living complex. My uncle got to see my Monte for the first time. He's ALWAYS wanted the Dale jr. edition as he is a HUGE Dale Jr. and Sr. fan. His first words to me were, "How could you bring that BEAUTIFUL car out on a day like today!?" It had rained for a major majority of the day prior to the car show and I actually had to rush and clean the car after work to get it ready for the car show. It was a really good time... My other uncle was particpating as well with his Corvette... He's also happy that I now have a Chevy in my stable, he's wasn't very happy with my purchase of a Ford Mustang :p

Old 06-26-2010, 11:13 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member

Congrats on your 2nd car show!

Old 06-26-2010, 11:30 PM

wow 2 bad *** rides...

post sum pics of the two 4th gens pleaseeee!

Old 06-27-2010, 10:49 AM

Seems you have the best of both worlds from Chevy and Ford! Very nice detail work in the engine bay. You've inspired me to work get off my butt and do some detailing. Thanks for the pictures!

Old 06-28-2010, 05:55 PM

I do tend to confuse a lot of people... two VERY differnt styles of automobiles for sure. And usually when you attend car shows, you have your DIE HARD chevy guys and your DIE HARD ford guys and a few DIE HARD mopar guys... They would tend to scratch their head at someone who runs both at a car show...to me, a nice car is a nice car... PERIOD. If it's clean and well taken car of, show it off at the local shows, why not? You have to have a little of everything; performance, uniqueness, originality and most of all, CLEAN!!

Old 06-28-2010, 06:06 PM
Monte Of The Month -- December 2010
Monte Of The Month -- November 2014

You have very nice taste

Lisa

Old 06-28-2010, 06:13 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member

I have owned an 05 Mustang and my 03 Monte at the same time - nothing unusual about that!

Quick Reply: Monte Carlo's FIRST car show!