General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Monte Carlo Trunk Lid Mat

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2009, 12:20 PM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- November 2009
3 Year Member

actaully I set out to purchase one and found no one selling them and the one I did find was little more than a carpeted mat with a logo sewn or ironed on. little more than a floor mat velcrowed to the lid. My wife and her family are in the sign buss so we made our own which was the back lit SS which others commented on so I tested it on eBay and sold it thru auction. I had already had the car on cardomain so when the bids started to come in I would ask if thier car was listed anywhere to which most responded no but I sought out a bidder listed as 06montessblck and found rickakated10 who actually had nothing to do with anything but he responded and mentioned the forum and here I am! What's the subject? I appreciate the comment and I am going to continue with these and the vinyl but I don't want to push the line on the rules regarding solicitation. Thanks Tim

Old 08-25-2009, 01:10 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

It's not really soliciting if you are going to make a product for the forum that the forum REALLY wants.

I'd throw up some contact information, a little about what you do, some more about your trunk lids, and just let people request from you (maybe even using an outside email) If that's how you want to do it, I could see you making a decent amount of money off this, plus member's would understand if you wanted the order first, then give them a completion time?

Old 08-25-2009, 05:10 PM
Photobucket
3 Year Member

All good suggestions, Thanks.

Old 08-25-2009, 05:30 PM
Monte Of The Month -- February 2009
2009 Monte Of The Year
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

i'll be interest for one. quick question what kind of board you use on the back? i need something as light weight as possible.

Old 08-25-2009, 05:58 PM
Photobucket
3 Year Member

actually they serve as a counterweight for the front end!..... they are all of five to six pounds and theres nothing that has to be changed in the supports or hangers. the back support board is 1/4" wafer board and the insignias are 1/4" hardboard masonite coated with premium sign vinyl and the back boards themself are wrapped in high grade 1/8"padded marine vinyl. If they are back lit the led lights are on a switchable control and they just splice into the interior 12v to the trunk light(open=power closed power off) they affix to the lid with four 5/16" 1 1/4' nylon push fasteners (auto interior panel christmastrees) which simply push into 1/4" holes in the lid bracing which u drill "carefully" don't like velcrow. the hook and loop would hold forever but sticking to the lid I question. I plan on making some useing 1/4 ply with a thin layer of cherry and birch for those elites out there. I like to play around and my feelings are if we can keep the weight down why not make it a show piece instead of a mat atop your sub's and nitrox bottle. kegerater and whomever else you keep in the trunk!

Old 08-25-2009, 06:33 PM
Monte Of The Month -- February 2009
2009 Monte Of The Year

how much you charge for the lit up one?

Old 08-25-2009, 07:06 PM
Photobucket
3 Year Member

$125 for non lit which is what other sites charge for blanks w/o insignia
$150 for lit w/the currant led set up which has four light bars 108 lights four primary colors (red,blue green,yellow) and seven color combo's solid non moving modes and can be set to interact with sound/music
I've placed the first lit board on ebay auction and I sold at $182.50 which is fine when it comes to auctions but within groups such as ours the price is set lower and If the SS or bow tie isn't what is desired let me know what is.
The boards ship ups ground and varies by zip.

Old 08-25-2009, 07:25 PM
Monte Of The Month - February 2010
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

tim those look great, i wonder if you could do a dale sr #3 or intimidator mock up? let me know, i'm sure you already have your hands full with other people wanting them!!! see ya, great custom work that you do, looks sweet!

Old 08-25-2009, 07:37 PM
Photobucket
3 Year Member

Theres yourself and Jomao_o that Ive seen with the Intimidator and Ive got all these thoughts dancing around on what I can do such as a board with intimidator slash across the panel and a raised #3 or somthing in that direction well see and I'll keep it or the burner. I have five boards going now with two solid commitments so it's getting started. Thanks for the intrest. Tim

Old 08-25-2009, 08:13 PM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- May 2009
15 Year Member

wow. you dont know how happy i am to find someone that actually makes these! looks great man, im gonna be hitting you up in about a month for one. just ordered an intercooler so kinda broke the bank already haha.
good looking monte too!

Quick Reply: Monte Carlo Trunk Lid Mat