Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   General Monte Carlo Talk (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/general-monte-carlo-talk-9/)
-   -   monte carlo ss emblem question (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/general-monte-carlo-talk-9/monte-carlo-ss-emblem-question-3373/)

mickey 01-31-2007 06:00 PM

RE: monte carlo ss emblem question

you are better off just getitng new ones and painting them. then it is done and you dont have ot worry about paint on the car, taping them etc..... jus tmakes life alot easier.

you could take those off all togeather to LOL
use a peice of fishing string and saw them off like a shoe shiner. Works great and dont hur thte paint etc..

fever42 01-31-2007 10:32 PM

THERE ARE SOME ON EBAY THE COLOR YOU WANT,CHEAP, HAVE REPLACED MINE WHEN I WAS OVER THE BARE LOOK. WAY TO MUCH WORK TO PAINT UNLESS YOU HAVE PLENTY OF SPARE TIME AND INDOOR SPACE TO WORK

[IMG]local://upfiles/99/F8439217344F4F45BF24F8D6616992FF.jpg[/IMG]

aklsufan 02-01-2007 01:58 AM

I was unable to see your pics while I was at work wizz kid but that is the emblems I want to have painted orange. For some reason I thought it was monte carlo on the doors never looked close enough to see it was supercharged ss. My wife is excited that I am thinking about getting this done. Will try to go this weekend to get some estimates. I am going to recheck ebay also.

mickey 02-01-2007 03:56 AM

ah hell testors model paint,
Now before you start laughing most of the emblems in this world for the restored cars were done this way LOL
it is a enamal paint and all ya have to do is clear over it and it will hold up. it is also wha ti use under the hood on my engin cover two years agao.and it is still there.
Just ge tthe cheap air brush they sell fo rlike 30.00 with the can of propellent and follow the destructions to mix the paint and shoot them your self.
they are not hare to do just get them real clean and also use a sctch brite pad on them till they are dull. This will allow the primmer ot stick.

RocknSS04 02-02-2007 10:54 PM

My Intimidator emblems got hand painted today. Black though, not orange. My car wash-detailer Joe did them while it was in for serviceand weekly cleaning.He also applied a plastic coating to help prevent stone chipping. They look great. I think I would want orange sprayed, though. I will post pics soon.

aklsufan 02-09-2007 08:36 PM

I got a quote today for 230 for the emblems/paint/install. I looked on ebay but did not see any in orange, I will look one more time and if I can't find them this weekend Iwill have the bodyshop order and paint them up.

wiz kidd 02-12-2007 11:01 AM

let us know how they turn out...post some pics so i can consider this :)

aklsufan 02-13-2007 01:45 PM

Had the body shop order the emblems yesterday 5-7 day ship time, so in about 2 weeks I should be able to get some pics up.

aklsufan 03-15-2007 01:13 AM

Finally got the emblems on today, total cost ran about 250. This was the only way I could figure out how to post an image, will post some better pictures in a couple of weeks when I come back from training.

04 Intimidator 03-15-2007 02:10 AM

I would buy a set off Ebay for a few bucks, paint them and apply them to the car... you can just use fishing line to pry the old ones off by working it like dental floss.