General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Monte Carlo scars?

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2007, 11:56 PM
Default Monte Carlo scars?

so most of us at some point have been under the hood or in a tight place working on our monte's. got any good scars? don't know about you guys but i have a habit of bashing my knuckles all the time. and i mentioned in another post dropping my ratchet and burning my hand on the exhaust. maybe i'm just accident prone

Old 12-16-2007, 12:33 AM
Default RE: Monte Carlo scars?

Nothing serious yet. Just a pinched finger from muscling-out the trapezoidal section of the stock airbox. I imagine I be scraping a knuckle or two, later tomorrow, when I get to putting-in these new Platinum Plugs. I can see how easy the Front three are going to be. Those three, on the other side of the head ... with the firewall cutting-off a straight look at them ought to be a nightmare ... I suspect.

Old 12-16-2007, 03:47 AM

I bashed my knuckles when I did my rotors yesterday ...

Old 12-16-2007, 12:40 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2009
5 Year Member

I cut my left hand pointer finger down to the bone of the firstfirst knuckle on the exhaust manifold heat shield of my old chevy pickup. The bleeding took a while to stop and it never did heal right. I can feel it when I bend that knuckle and its black under the skin from dirt or grease or something in there.

Old 12-16-2007, 02:12 PM

*lookin at hands*

I can identify the amount of cars ive owned by the amount of scars.. lol

Old 12-16-2007, 03:46 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

my dad and I were changing the compressor on my Monte right after I got it.. he dropped the old one on his toe nad it is still now growing right. that was 6 months ago. as for me, no major scars just yet. i've bashed my knuckles and got several small cuts, but they have all healed in due time.

Old 12-16-2007, 06:10 PM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Scars? Cuts? My nickname is sticthes. Does that give you any clue of what's happened to me?

I've cut my knuckles (I call it: putting the top down) so many times I've lost count. It's real fun when it's 20 degrees out and the bleeding and pain don't start till your hand warms up when you get back in the house.

Very first day I got my 4-door I had it in the backyard working on it and a chunk of rust fell in my right eye and attached to the upper lid. A trip to the ER got the rust out. And also got me a good lecture from my parents.

Busted my right open once working on my very first car that took 11 stitches.

Got brake fuild, gas, & antifreeze in my eye a few times.

It's all a part of working on cars.

Old 12-16-2007, 06:32 PM

No scars yet, atleast that I know of. I've got many that are unaccounted for, but those could be from anything ranging from my 400ex to working on projects for school. I did change my oil earlier today, managed to take out a little section of skin on the back of my left hand, didn't even notice it until I came inside to temperatures over 20 degrees. We'll see if I manage to tear any limbs off tomorrow when I try to find somewhere to route an amp power wire through my firewall and still be able to reach it.

Old 12-16-2007, 06:34 PM

Burned my hand on the alternator while checking the power-steering fluid on my '03!

Quick Reply: Monte Carlo scars?