General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Monte Carlo is back! A lot of questions!

Old 01-16-2010, 12:19 AM
Default Monte Carlo is back! A lot of questions!

Well I had a bunch of problems with my Monte for the past couple months, all good to go now. But I am still stuck a little.

A while back I tried to use the NiteShade on my tail lights, and ruined them!

So now I am finally deciding to buy new ones before I get pulled over/rear ended because of how dark and crappy they are now. I was looking around for a little and cam across some LED Bermuda ones online, I believe that was the name. Anyways, they were around 300$, and could not find much of a price difference on Ebay. I have a white Monte, and am debating on getting the black or smoked lights. If anyone knows a good site to order these from/which ones would look better on the white car, let me get your opinion.

Also, my third brake light is messed up. So I see most tail lights you can buy do not come with the third brake light, so I need to find one of these too! I guess they probably would not come blacked out or smoked though. I had seen a guys Monte on CarDomain who had a designed third brake light that lit up saying "Monte Carlo", which I would really like, shot him an e-mail on there, not sure if he is on this forum somewhere, anyways if anyone knows about these let me know!

But, I am still not done, haha. The same guy on Car Domain also had black Chevy bow ties, I think this may have been mentioned on this site before, I will have to look around, but I figure most people paint them with a certain type of paint, but I was wondering if they sold them black online somewhere? Because if I ended up getting the black tail lights, I would want these black, and possibly just remove the Monte Carlo LT lettering.

And later on down the road maybe get some new head lights that would look good with the tail lights, but that will be long down the road, if I still have some money to survive after all this!

Haha, any info or suggestions would be great!!

Old 01-16-2010, 09:42 AM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

i havent seen any sets of tails that come with the 3rd brake light also but i have seen those bermudas and right around 300 is all your really going to find them for because not many tail lights are being made for monte carlos, making the prices higher on the ones that are made, and you can find the 3rd brake lights that are leds on ebay too and they look pretty nice

Old 01-16-2010, 10:34 AM

Those designs you speak of for the 3rd brake light are actually decals/overlays that go on top of it, real cheap mod that will definitely improve your rear end lol.

Old 01-16-2010, 11:15 PM

Well, I just ordered my tail lights today, got them for $255 from StreetPros.com..

Now while I am waiting I am just going to get some mineral spirits and going to try to get the Nite Shade off of my third brake light, since I can not seem to find one on e-bay or anything. And then buy one of those decal covers for it, because they look pretty sweet

But how about head lights? I looked for a little bit and came across a few people on CarDomain.com with some Eagle Eye or Angel Eye projector head lights? I do not remember if that was the name exact, but they looked pretty cool.

Is their a way to just get covers for head lights, like black/smoked ones that are not sprayed on, so I do not have to spend $400+ on them?

Old 01-17-2010, 12:26 AM
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by Jomao_o
Those designs you speak of for the 3rd brake light are actually decals/overlays that go on top of it, real cheap mod that will definitely improve your rear end lol.
like in my sig, if you wanna see what it looks like on the car ha

Old 01-17-2010, 12:28 AM
10 Year Member
Old 01-17-2010, 12:51 AM

The headlight covers from avs are nice but be super gentle with them. They scratch easy.

Old 01-17-2010, 08:58 AM

Originally Posted by trewyn15
like in my sig, if you wanna see what it looks like on the car ha
Yeh I noticed that, the other guy I was talking to has the same one. I guess you can get it to say whatever you want? Although I would just make it say Monte Carlo, also.

Old 01-17-2010, 09:01 AM

I found these last night, but my Monte Carlo is a 2006 and I was not sure if they would fit? The lights and the 3rd brake light.

They look like they would, well at least the 3rd brake light does.

Or I may save up for some projectors, just depends. Like these..

http://cpwstore.carpartswholesale.co...passenger_side

Old 01-17-2010, 09:37 AM
10 Year Member

ohh didnt notice you had an 06

the headlight covers wont work in that case, the third brake light is the same tho on your vehicle as it would be on mine from what i heard, if i were you i would just get projectors

EDIT: those were also the projectors i was thinking of, i didnt look at them before i posted haha, but i cant find any covers for the 06/07's

Last edited by red04montels; 01-17-2010 at 09:40 AM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Monte Carlo is back! A lot of questions!