General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Met a cool dude today

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2009, 10:48 AM
Default Met a cool dude today

So today I went to work at 10 and we are over our budget on hours so they asked me if I wanted to go home early and I was all for it. So I'm walking up front to leave and there is this man in the checkout who is about to leave and you know when you see someone you know you're going to talk even though you don't know them? Well this is one of those times... I'm walking to my car when I notice a silver 07 Monte Carlo parked beside mine and I see him walking towards it so I use my autostart and he looks back and smiles. To which I replied "Nice car". We were shooting the breeze for about...10 minutes and he told me he got the car through Chevy. He said every year an executive gets a car and then gives it back to Chevy to sell and he got it. He had the new tail lights and I never saw them personally until today and they look really good. He told me of a few online sites where he shops for his car and that was that. Then we came up to a redlight right beside my work and we are side by side and he asks "How fast you get that thing to?" and I told him arund 122 and he said he got his to 140 and told me to take car of my car. Then it turns green and we both punch it but we slowed down because there was a cop coming on the opposite side but all in all it was a cool encounter because I've never talked to any other monte owners b/c I don't ever see any. Just thought I could share that with you guys. Any of you ever talked to someone about anything like that?

Old 08-19-2009, 11:06 AM

very cool. It is always fun to meet other Monte owners.

Old 08-19-2009, 08:13 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Very cool story!

Old 08-19-2009, 10:56 PM

Yeah, I talked to a guy a few weeks ago who had a sc ss like mine at a gas station. He showed me the custom ss logo on his headrest and told me how to change my sc oil (an empty liquid soap bottle works way better than a spray bottle). I didn't talk long because I stopped in to take a really bad poop. Thank god the bathroom was clean.

Old 08-19-2009, 11:16 PM
Monte Of The Month -- February 2009
2009 Monte Of The Year

it's kinda funny cause everytime when i drive my monte i hardly see any around, but when i'm driving my beater there's always bunches of them. there been time when i was driving my monte and running into another mc and all they want to do was drive real fast or wanting to race. man i don't want to race another mc all i want to do was cruise next to each other and getting some attention, that's kinda fun.

Old 08-20-2009, 02:00 AM

you gotta race another monte, its mutuial respect for the montes! nice story, you gotta love talking with fellow monte car owners about each others montes

Old 08-20-2009, 08:19 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by silverbullitt
it's kinda funny cause everytime when i drive my monte i hardly see any around, but when i'm driving my beater there's always bunches of them.
I wouldn't want to meet yours on the street either

Old 08-20-2009, 09:45 AM

Damn, I never get the chance to race another monte owner. There are tons of 'em around here, but All OF THEM ARE MIDDLE AGED WOMEN! I've seen one guy drive one around here, but had his wife next to him! Even the pace car are old lady driven, and we know how crazy drivers they are at stop lights...

Old 08-20-2009, 10:59 AM
rj
15 Year Member

I do meet some pretty cool Monte owners from time to time. Usually, it's the middle aged women driving the cool Monte that I see and most of them aren't in to talking cars.

Originally Posted by Cut Throat
Even the pace car are old lady driven, and we know how crazy drivers they are at stop lights...
HEY! .... I resent that. lol

it's kinda funny cause everytime when i drive my monte i hardly see any around, but when i'm driving my beater there's always bunches of them.
Same here.

The show we took the Pace car to last saturday, there's a couple with a nice '02 Intimidator Monte that come to this show.

I noticed these people looking the Pace car over. We had it dressed up with the three stuffed Taz I bought in the back seat. These people looked at the Pace car for like 2 minutes. Gave it a smug look and walked off.

Sorry guys, I do not treat other Monte owners like this. I try to respect them and their cars. Afterall, we're family.

This couple has a nice Monte but I guess they felt the Pace car was too much competition for them?

Old 08-20-2009, 04:55 PM
Monte Of The Month -- February 2009
2009 Monte Of The Year

Originally Posted by chibiblacksheep
I wouldn't want to meet yours on the street either
i wouldn't say my car is super fast, but it's just fast enuff for me. so far since i own my ss i only saw few of the 04 intimidator, one jr., and one tony steward. quite a few pace car and lots of the ss.like everyone said, most of the 07 ss i saw are driven by middle aged men/women

Quick Reply: Met a cool dude today