General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Making the Red Bowtie Respectable Again

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2016, 11:10 PM
Default Making the Red Bowtie Respectable Again

Yesterday I became the new owner of a 2001 Monte Carlo SS. The paint is beginning to fade in spots, the brake light comes on when i start it up occasionally, the ABS and traction control systems are inoperable, the sunroof motor is partially functional, and I believe there are issues with the wheel bearings/suspension. Also, the previous owner let the original engine seize up, so it also does not have the original engine. To add insult to injury, he cut red pieces of tape and placed them on the sides of the car to pass as pinstripes... I've made it my personal goal to give the car the proper care it needs since it seemed like no one else would... I'll be posting updates on my work occasionally, and I'll definitely be seeking advice from the community (there's so many things that need to be worked on with this car).

Any feedback/advice is highly appreciated! Pictures to come later.

Old 03-25-2016, 08:47 AM
Monte Of The Month -- October 2014
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Welcome and congrats on becoming a new monte owner, hope to see pics and help, good thing this car is now in good hands