General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Lt Monte VS. R/T Charger

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2011, 11:34 AM
Default Lt Monte VS. R/T Charger

Well my boi just got an R/T charger.... I have the 3.9L with magnaflow and a CAI thats all...you should already know where this story is going.

We were going out one night and both of us decided to drive. Well we were on the highway and had nothing but open road so we hit it and long story short. I want a new car!

........Unless there are some more MODS available. I know he has 390 HP stock. and Im not sure what mines is whit the CAI & EXHAUST. I know stock im 240HP. Does anyone know what my total HP would be now? and also are there annyyyy more mods I can do. Im competitive and cant be getting spanked like that.

Old 03-28-2011, 11:57 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

The 3900 doesn't have a great aftermarket.

You are 240stock, which is about 210 to the wheels? With your mods you are probably 212 to the wheels.

Old 03-28-2011, 12:01 PM

CAI won't get you any worthwhile HP.... and the R/T is AWD. Even if you matched his HP to the tee, he'd take you anyway. Can't really beat AWD... =/ but hey, at least you lost to another American muscle car :P

Old 03-28-2011, 12:08 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by milrlyt
CAI won't get you any worthwhile HP.... and the R/T is AWD. Even if you matched his HP to the tee, he'd take you anyway. Can't really beat AWD... =/ but hey, at least you lost to another American muscle car :P
If he was awd would he have more drivetrain loss of power so the fwd would have more power

Old 03-28-2011, 12:16 PM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- August 2009

Originally Posted by milrlyt
Where do you see that the R/T is AWD? That's an option, yes, but that doesn't mean this one was equipped.

You won't ever beat him with your car. Trade it for an SS and you might after a few bolt-ons and a tune.

Old 03-29-2011, 09:12 AM

trade it in for an ss and beat him bone stock. since when are the charger rts 390hp? i thought that they were 350 and got bumped to 370. they also are tanks theyre like 800lbs heavier than the mcss. the older model is routinely beaten by the ls4 cars. i dont see the 20hp and 5tq they gave it destroying a car it lost to in the past, but a few mods and tune would definitely seal the deal.

Old 03-29-2011, 04:10 PM

So does anyone have a rough number where im sitting at HP wise with CAI & exhaust?

Thanks fellas, Yea im looking to trade it in for a CAMARO... Although, I can only afford the V6 LT. Which only puts me @ 312 stock. Any mods for these?

Old 03-29-2011, 04:36 PM

there is mods for the v6 camaro's like the v6 mustangs but they have a limited number but it is climing due to how much less the lt comaro is to the ss base model. the v6 model comaro is climing in popularity do to afordiblity compared to the ss. it is the same way with the mustang. there is after market is big for both models. to be honest with amarican made front wheel drive v6 cars dont really have a aftermarket for them except for a limeted production # of serten models of serten years imo.

Old 03-29-2011, 05:02 PM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2011
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

My Challenger R/T was an 09 with 374 HP stock. They had more horses than the Charger, so unless he has modded it or maybe it is newer than 09 I could see.

Old 03-30-2011, 09:29 AM

chibi gave you a rough number of what your hp is probably at now. cai and exhaust arent really huge power builders at least not on na cars. they make a blower kit for the v6 camaro. that was about the only big mod i saw for them. it brings it into the ss ball park. personally i think the v6 camaro is a waste of money. its 312 hp but the tq is just not there. not to mention the car is heavy. bang for buck your probably better off looking for a super low mileage g8 gt that would probably cost just as much and is a solid low 13 car with just a tune, or a 06 gto if you really want a 2dr. ive beaten the v6 camaro and the v6 mustang from a roll in my 06. i can tell you the mustang was definitely shocking, and by far the better match up (still not cool though). the v6 camaro takes a beating buy the ls4 cars so i dont see it beating your buddies charger. i think it would really suck to go out and buy another car just to get beat again.

Last edited by TheMonteMan; 03-30-2011 at 09:31 AM.

Quick Reply: Lt Monte VS. R/T Charger