General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Loose hood = rattling noise?

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2007, 04:56 PM
Default Loose hood = rattling noise?

Over the last few months my '03 has developed a rattling noise from the front end. I didnt think of it much at first considering I hear a different noise every day! Until today. Driving over the slightest crack in the road would make the car shutter. Then I finally suspected that it might be the hood. When driving I could even see it moving a bit. Whats even more interestring is that theseam between the hood and the two front quarterpanels seems to be growing, and that the hood seems to be sinking, they are not lining up any more. Upon further inspection, i just tapped the middle of the hood with my fist, and there it was, that godAwful rattling noise.So I now know that by hood is the problem. Has anyone else had an issue like this. Any advice?Either way, I am gunna bring it to the dealer to check it out will i still have a warantee.

Old 12-10-2007, 06:46 PM
Default RE: Loose hood = rattling noise?

I have never noticed this on mine. but what i have noticed that is driving me nuts latley is everyonce in a while i feel a grind in the steering wheel in the front end and also feels like it is lose.
This happend all of a sudden not like it has been over time or at least i didnt notice it gradually commign on jus tone day walked out and it was like this.