General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

look what i found

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2008, 10:02 PM
Default look what i found

http://www.speedwayconversions.com/

They have a compete kit. it comes out to about 5g's all said and done...bout as much as i paid for my car but with the nascar rims and tires it'll be one of a kind...im thinkin...haha

Old 11-20-2008, 09:08 AM

Monte Of The Month -- April 2011
GOT SPL
Default RE: look what i found

Thats Real Nice for a little over 2000 you can get the body kit and the spoiler. I would love to drive that down the street. Now all you need is to put some of your own favorite sponsors on some parts of the car and baby put some cool decals like flames on hood and on the side and its like you got yourself a real nascar car.

When i get 2G i am gettin that lol.

Old 11-20-2008, 04:53 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2013
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Well bugger me! Thanx for posting! Thats the way it is and the way its gotta be. This is gonna get expensive now...

Old 11-20-2008, 06:18 PM
STILL SLOW
Monte Of The Month -- May 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

LOL ive never really liked nascar, and id have to say that body kit is very cheesy

just my 2 cents though,especially when some kid with more money than brains makes it sound like a fart can...

Old 11-21-2008, 04:01 PM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Wish I had the funds and a spare Monte to bolt these to.

I'd have a one of a kind car in my area.

Old 11-22-2008, 08:58 AM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2009
5 Year Member

I think these kits look rediculously stupid. Im not a fan of nascar, but even if I was these kits still look out of place on a FWD v6 car.

Old 11-22-2008, 09:22 AM

only thing i like is the front bumper without the lip.......and for the rear bumper if you street drive it you gonna need to drill for reverse lights..theres none there lol...........

Old 11-22-2008, 05:40 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

i saw this for the first time like a year ago. they're kidn of proud of it. they were trying to manufacture that gas cell looking thing to put under teh rear bumper too...

teh thing is, in a few years, it's going to be dated. that body style has already been replaced with a whole new car, the COT, so in a few years its going to look very dated. plus, my car tries to bottom out enoug has it is... look how much lower that front bumper is compared to the stock one, and it's going to block the iar going to the little air catching thing.

it does look cool... and Junior Car, i never thought to post that thing over on the Jeff Gordon forums for you to see... sorry i let you down

Old 11-22-2008, 11:41 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2013
15 Year Member

6th generation Monte Carlo were styled to look like a Nascar. In this case, the race car came before the street car model, so its stock appearance is a short coming in design which is corrected by this kit.

My car is undeniably dated looking. The COT is ugly and not something I'm likely to try replicating, but my opinion may change with time (I used to hate the idea of a Monte being FWD too, but look at me go now). Monte Carlo's are dated. You can't make a car newer unfortunately.

Old 11-23-2008, 05:06 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member

I think that kit can go two ways. It would be considered either Nascar looking by some, or ricey by others.
If you're going to install that kit, you'd have to go all out and make your Monte look just like your favorite Nascar. Stickers and all.

Quick Reply: look what i found