General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

long time no see, got another monte

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2008, 06:31 PM
Default long time no see, got another monte

i havent been around since i sold my 87 SS. way to much of a project car. i now have an 86 SS (no t-tops). it is ten times better, and is a pretty reliable daily driver. the only thing it really needs is some patch work on the floors, but its a solid car. anyway hers the pics. what do you think?

Old 08-10-2008, 06:31 PM
Default RE: long time no see, got another monte

how do i fix this? ^^^^

Old 08-11-2008, 05:45 AM

[align=left]Hi Tony,[/align][align=left]Great to see you back on the MCF with another[/align][align=left]awesome looking Monte Carlo[/align][align=left]Wish you good luck and safe miles.[/align][align=left][/align][align=left]To separate picture, enter a space between each pic[/align][align=left]and it will separate them.[/align][align=left]Look forward to your future posts[/align][align=left]Space[/align][align=left][/align]

Old 08-11-2008, 10:30 AM

thanks kidspace, i fixed it.

i hope i dont uncover too many problems with this thing, it seems to run good and drives good. same motor and tranny as my old one but this one seems to have more power, i think my other one was just beat up too much before i got it. im gonna be nice to this one most of the time, but its still fun to get a little sideways sometimes when i punch it from a stop sign lol.

Old 08-11-2008, 03:09 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Congrats on the 86 SS. I've always beena huge fan of the 4th gen SS Monte's. T-tops are nice, but a huge problem with leaks and theft.

Old 08-11-2008, 07:02 PM

ok im sorry i see all kinds of issues with this. first is it is in NEW YORK! and im in TEXAS,
second one is your name is on the titel instead of mine. and i take donations of cars
but other then that think it looks sharp. Some day i might get another monte.

Old 08-11-2008, 07:22 PM

hahaha, im sure you can find alot more rust free 4th gens in texas though, probly cost ya a bit more, but less bodywork to do would be worth it. id trade mine anyday for a southern car. ya know why? because it will have FLOORS!!! lol, but patching the floors is a sacrifice im willing to make for having my dream car.

Old 08-11-2008, 07:28 PM

actually down here they all think that the cars are glod if they have any age on them.
you are right you can find some down here but im not sure about the less body work thing lol

Old 08-11-2008, 08:01 PM

up here everyone drives them in the winter, and they salt the $h*t out of the roads. it would be ok if people would wash the underneath of them if they must drive them in the winter, but apparently not, my old one was rotted underneath BAD, this one is just rusty underneath, but nowhere near as bad. it looks like whoever drove it in winter washed the body, but was to lazy to wash or at least rinse the salt off the underneath. how do they get so bad in texas? the only prolems i ever saw on older cars when i lived in georgia was that the topside of the cars got alot of surface rust because of salt in the air from the ocean.

Old 08-12-2008, 01:59 PM

we get some of the salt air from teh coast. also we get alot of the rust from the humidity around here. also when it rains you get them in a feild and it is like a steam bath on them so it will get up under the paint etc... and cause them to go faster then others that are dry.

but you are right they do rust less here then up north i was rasied up in the polar north or southren alaska in Clevland OH. but i remeber seeing the fenders almost rusted completly off of cars there. Also have seen frames rusted in half or so close to it they are like tin foil.
At least down here you dont find that to much.

now if you get a bit further north of me you can get some nicer cars cheap for around here but they think that the cars of age around here are GOLD for so long everyone has said if you get one from down south they dont rust. it is a myth. yes they do just not as fast or in the same way.
but folks looking for cars will come looking for them. honestly the best places to find them is over in New Mexico and arizona. they are less humid there but have high heat so they you dont get the winters there. BUT they are like us here everyone seem to think that they will find a perfect car in the barn agian for 2.00

Quick Reply: long time no see, got another monte