General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

lol at this XD

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2011, 01:56 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default lol at this XD

so i googled chevy 3.4 tuning and found this link >>>GM 3.4 DOHC power tweaks/maintenance tips - Honda Car Forum - Accord Parts Civic Tuning Acura Racing

honda guys sayin the lq1 is a great gm engine? lol.

i was skeptical about the part where you can gain 20-30 hp from unplugging the egr valve any truth behind it??

Old 08-20-2011, 03:38 PM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2011
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Okay, that link has a LOT of bad info and I will try to go through it. I'm not overly familiar with the LQ1's, but there are a lot of common sense things that that guy gets wrong.

His EGR point is one of his biggest errors. When you remove the EGR valve, you will lose a little mileage (~1 or 2 mpg), you will clean up the engine bay (less clutter around the engine), you will keep the combustion chamber cleaner because the job of an EGR valve is to send exhaust gasses back inside the engine, and lastly, you will gain absolutely ZERO hp by doing this.

I don't know about his no. 2 or 3 points.

Ignore his no. 4 point too. Bosch Platinum 4 plugs are a BIG waste of money. With any engine, you want to buy a spark plug with the proper heat range for your particular engine. Plugs like Platinum 4's and G3's are bogus and could potentially damage your engine by using them (unlikely, but it has happened due to those plugs). Also, his point about them not getting fouled up is bogus too. Your plugs get fouled when your engine runs rich. It doesn't matter what the plug is made of. Get a set of replacement plugs for less then $2/plug and you will be happy.

His no. 5 point doesn't make a lot of sense either. Why would you change the oil filter but not the oil at 12,500 miles. Besides that, I would still change the oil more frequently then that. When I use Synthetic, I still change the oil every 3-4k miles.

No. 6 is fine.

No. 7 I don't know about.

No. 8, you can use Synthetic, but you can also use conventional as well.

So, I hope that answers your questions and also completes your lol's, lol. Honda guys, what do they know, lol.

Old 08-20-2011, 05:23 PM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

yeah when i read the whole unplugging your egr gets you 20-30 hp at the crank i almost fell outta my chair XDDDD