General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

A little Rage!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2010, 09:09 AM

Monte Of The Month -- May 2013
1 Year Member

Morning Mel. Hey send your Photo's to the assy plant your car came from. Ohh beleive me some one will get it.

Old 11-14-2010, 09:28 AM

Hi `Mel,
Yes, you have a reason to be upset, and that is one of the worst tape `jobs I've seen

I really like your innovation & your custom resolve to the problem...It really should have come from the factory with your design touch.

I agree with Rick, and that you should send your pictures to the GM Plant that did the built...(then let us know `if you hear from them)...You might have to write your letter to China
They are in the process of buying GM Stock, but GM is a International Company......

Thanks for your thread, and for venting...I hope that the rest of your Monte Carlo's has no other flaws/mistakes/carelessness by subject(s) unknown employee's.

*Now, all the member's are going out & checking their trunk wires : ) & even if it's a good `job, they will be copying your awesome design/componet design...It looks great...Thanks

Old 11-14-2010, 09:37 AM

i know kia and hyundai are built here all the body peces as well as the frame and all of there bodys. except for the engins and trans the parts are made there and assembled here to be asin made amarican assembled. to have our amarican assemblers to have work. i think china wants to do the same thing with gm what kia and hyundai are doing here same as toyota

Old 11-14-2010, 09:41 AM
STILL SLOW
Monte Of The Month -- May 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I think they phased out quality control in an effort to please the people who like to see the wires deteriorate.

Old 11-14-2010, 07:19 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Your Monte was assembled in Oshawa, Ontario, Canada. I'm interested in finding out if everybody's trunk lid wiring looks like that. I'll take a close look at mine when I go to work.

I'm wondering if that was a mechanic's repair job, rather than a bad assembly job.

Old 11-14-2010, 10:06 PM

mine is the same way i put on some blue ones on mine i didnt like the orange ones. but the orange ones look good on white ones i think the blue gave mine a nice tutch as well as yours.

Old 11-15-2010, 12:00 PM
rj
15 Year Member

To me it looked like the car may have had wiring or some other issue back there. The dealer told a mechanic, "Fix it so we can sell it." and this is what the mechanic did.

Maybe the day they studied wiring at Devry Tech School, the mechanic was out with a hangover from TOO much alcohol conspumtion the night before?

Old 11-15-2010, 06:26 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I looked at mine. The harness is wrapped in black electrical tape, and doesn't look great either. But not horrible. Took a couple pics of mine to compare.

I got some of that plastic tubing in black. Gonna throw a piece of that on it to clean up the look a little.

Attached Thumbnails A little Rage!!-img_4265-sm.jpg   A little Rage!!-img_4266-sm.jpg  
Old 11-15-2010, 06:28 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2015
Monte Of The Month -- February 2011
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by Taz
I was going to suggest putting the stuff you put on. But obviously you beat me to it.

Perhaps that's what the "trunk monkeys" are doing when not beating car thieves with crow-bars. LOL.

That's about sums it up lol

Old 11-15-2010, 06:30 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2015
Monte Of The Month -- February 2011
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by Taz
I looked at mine. The harness is wrapped in black electrical tape, and doesn't look great either. But not horrible. Took a couple pics of mine to compare.

I got some of that plastic tubing in black. Gonna throw a piece of that on it to clean up the look a little.
They screwed you two damn them trunk monkeys lol

Quick Reply: A little Rage!!