General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Leather Seats????

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2009, 06:56 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Leather Seats????

Hi Everyone...

So my Monte has cloth seats, and I have always wished it had leather interior. Can it be changed from cloth to leather? I am assuming it can, but I want OEM colors, and OEM look and quality. I know the sales guy told me when I bought the car that leather could be added...how is this, and how much does it cost?

Any ideas/ info would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Old 06-15-2009, 10:22 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

If you go with factory Monte Carlo leather seats, it's just a matter of bolting them in and plugging in the wire harness.

As for the heated seats, I'm not 100%, but I think I remember reading that the wire harness for the switches are sitting inside the center console. Just a matter of getting and installing the switches into the center console.

If I were you, I'd check out junk yards and the net for some good used factory leather seats. Only go to the dealership if you absolutely have to, and you have a ton of money to spend.

You could get your cloth seats re-upholstered with leather. But it may be more cost effective to just get some good used leather seats.

Old 06-15-2009, 10:23 PM
STILL SLOW
Monte Of The Month -- May 2010
10 Year Member

Check ebay and get some leather seats from a monte out of a salvaged car.

Old 06-15-2009, 11:30 PM

10 Year Member

Yea, thats what i'm thinkin...dealer quoted $1295, which didnt sound totally bad considering what I was getting, but was a little out of my price range. However, I am going down there tomorrow morning to check out everything, and talk with the guy...he said we could talk about the price...So we shall see...he would have to knock a lot off for me to go for it, that is for sure!

I checked ebay...no luck for 06-07 Monte's

Old 06-15-2009, 11:36 PM
Taz

15 Year Member

I would check salvage/junk yards before going to the dealer.

Question: are the Impala seats the same as the Monte seats? If so, you could try that too. They might be more available at a junk yard.

Old 06-15-2009, 11:42 PM

10 Year Member

No luck on Impala seats....they are a little different! I thought the same thing, because Impala's are all over the place. DAMN!

The guy that is painting my spoiler said he would check out a few junk yards for me, and call around and let me know what he finds when I pick up my spoiler...plus I will stop by a few tomorrow while out doing my sales!

Old 06-15-2009, 11:46 PM
Taz

15 Year Member

Cool.

As you know, buying new from the dealer means the dealership has to make money, plus GM needs to make money. So you're always going to pay top price from them.

Old 06-16-2009, 09:39 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member

Originally Posted by Taz
As for the heated seats, I'm not 100%, but I think I remember reading that the wire harness for the switches are sitting inside the center console. Just a matter of getting and installing the switches into the center console.
On the 6.5 Gen Montes the heated seats isn't in the same spot, so I think the matter of getting the switches installed would be more difficult. But I've never seen a 6.5 without heated seats, so I don't know what the temperature section looks like without, and if it would be hard or not.

As for the seats, I would say to keep searching ebay / parted out Monte's. And who said impala seats won't work? I'm sure they are different, but do they fit is the real question :P I know RickAKATed got the Impala headrests for his Monte because they have SS, yes they are different, but they fit perfectly fine.

Also contact Morad by email and ask them if they are getting any 06-07 Montes in that you would be interested in the leather seating etc. etc.

Old 06-16-2009, 12:30 PM

10 Year Member

Good info everyone...Thank you!

I stopped by the dealer this morning, and spent an hour going back and forth with the parts manager...original quote was $1295...I got him down to $750. They are giving me everything for cost, just because I am a "loyal" customer and bought the car from them. So I might be going for it...I think that sounds like a damn good deal...Plus its covered with a 2 year warrenty...

I'll be talking to the body shop today...to see if they found anything at wrecking yards...If not, I think I might go with the dealer....I know that I might be able to get it done a little cheaper than $750, BUT, I am hell bent on it being genuine GM everything, and I like that its got a warrenty...So unless I can find a better deal with a wrecking yard soon, the dealer it is...

Old 06-16-2009, 12:57 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member

That honestly sounds like a decent deal to me, especially if you are getting NEW seats, and having someone put them in for you.

Black or White leather?

Quick Reply: Leather Seats????