General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

KMS

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2007, 07:23 AM
Default KMS

Hello,

I'm looking at getting a 2000 Monte Carlo SS, the body and everything is in perfect shape, but the car has 152,000KMS on it, Is that alot for these cars? the seller said the majority of them are highway kms (If you can belive them).Is there anything else about that year of monte carlo that has problems?

Thanks, any input would be great.

Old 07-19-2007, 07:29 AM
Default RE: KMS

as long as the car was taken care of and fluids changed when they were supposed to then that car will last you for a long time

far as problems go i havent heard of any. how bout yall out there in mcf land

Old 07-19-2007, 07:32 AM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member

that should be ok, i would double check on how often he changed the fluid, and i would ask him if he's had the tranny checked

Old 07-19-2007, 12:35 PM

First what engine is in the car.
One of the best ways to check if the car has been driven on the open road (if the car has a driver info center in it) Look at avg miles per gallon.
The higher the avg is the more likely it has been driven on the open road.
Take mine since I mainly drive short trips I avg 20.4 mile to the gallon (I work 3 miles from home). On the week ends we do try and get out some.

As far as if its a great buy
I own a 91 Chevy Lumina, she has 238,000 miles on her. This car has had no major repairs to her at all. Just reg. maintenance done to her. It is still going strong today
Also my daughter has a 95 Monte with a 3.1L this car has over 130,000. Still going strong.