General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Keyless trunk owners question?

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2007, 06:04 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2008
Default Keyless trunk owners question?

To those who have keyless trunks:

What do you do when you push the trunk open?

Do you find yourselves pushing it up at the same spot?

Do you grab it at a different spot every time?

I notice that I always grab the trunkunder the spoiler right above the third brake light.

I think I see it wearing out there a little bit.

I need to find a new spot to grab and lift the trunk lid or remember to change my lifting spot to a different location each time.

Old 10-16-2007, 06:55 PM
Default RE: Keyless trunk owners question?

lol move to the other tailight might feel wierd but if it keeps you from ruining the paint then make the effort

Old 10-16-2007, 07:34 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Geez Dave, how often you opening the trunk? lol [sm=joke.gif]

Now that you mention it, I think I grad it in the same spot you do. I suppose you could grab it from under the lip of the trunk lid, providing it pops up high enough to get your fingers under it.

Old 10-16-2007, 07:40 PM

i dont have a keyless trunk, but i dont know if i've ever used the key to open it.
i almost always lift from under the bottom edge.
...now mine doesnt have any spoiler, so it might pop up just a lil extra, and theres no spoiler to grab or push on anyways

Old 10-16-2007, 07:57 PM

ORIGINAL: Taz

Geez Dave, how often you opening the trunk? lol [sm=joke.gif]

Now that you mention it, I think I grad it in the same spot you do. I suppose you could grab it from under the lip of the trunk lid, providing it pops up high enough to get your fingers under it.
That's how I do it, mine pops up plenty high enough to grab from under the lip, and I close it with the handle inside. I hate it when others open/close my trunk 'cause they grab it by some painted surface and leave prints that collect dust for a nice handprint.

Old 10-17-2007, 12:02 PM

ORIGINAL: God_Bot

That's how I do it, mine pops up plenty high enough to grab from under the lip, and I close it with the handle inside. I hate it when others open/close my trunk 'cause they grab it by some painted surface and leave prints that collect dust for a nice handprint.
I agree with the dust collecting prints....Same with the doors, I always push the door closed at the handle to minimize the finger prints - not always the case on the passenger side.

With the trunk, mine does not seem to pop up very far and I unwillingly push part way open at the spoiler and then grab underneath lip. Only have to open it 3-4 times a week and do it carefully to preserve the finish.

Is there any adjustment that can be made to allow the lid to pop up more?

Old 10-17-2007, 12:35 PM

Not sure as to how to make it pop up higher, I've never done anything to it. I agree with you on the doors, driver door doesn't ever have prints 'cause I hook my fingers inside the lip at the top of the window on the inside and simply give it just enough momentum to close on it's own. The same can't be said for the passenger side tho, it's loaded with prints all down the high gloss black part of the door.

Old 10-17-2007, 01:04 PM

talking about this
i was wondering if you can install some spring where when you unlock the trunk the spring will push the trunk open it self?
a spring that is strong enough to open but not hard when you shut it

Old 10-17-2007, 01:21 PM

They use those kind of springs on hoods so they pop up to the second latch.I would think something like that could work on the trunk.

Personally,I have never opened my trunk since new to preserve the finish and prevent wear on the latch and weatherstrip.I don't even know what the inside looks like.(Just kidding!)
That would be as bad as a friend of mine who lived for years in a house he bought new and never turned on the stove.He ate cold sandwiches,take-out food and ate at work.He said if you use a stove it will discolor the burners,and he didn't want to do that.

Old 10-17-2007, 01:22 PM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- December 2007

Here boys & girls... 3M makes clear tape to protect your paint. So instead of buying the bra... buy the tape and use a piece of it over the spoiler to save your finish!

http://www.invisiblemask.com/site.html

Quick Reply: Keyless trunk owners question?