General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Keep the Monte?

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2010, 03:35 PM
Default Keep the Monte?

I am debating on whether or not to get rid of my 2006 Monte,
for some time I have been looking into getting a truck, I am sort of just over having a car, and want something bigger.

The only difference of course will be, my car payments will be a good 300-350 dollars more. I think the only way I would keep my car is if I can paint it, black or the charcoal grey. Would the only way to get the color completely changed CORRECTLY is by getting it sanded all the way back down, and have to be completely took apart to get around the engine and door frames and everything?

That seems like it will be over 2 grand? Unsure

Old 03-07-2010, 05:08 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I think if it's a truck you really want (or need), you probably should just save the money and go with the truck.

You could spend all the money in the world getting your Monte looking the way you want it. But if you always have that little voice in your head telling you to get a truck, then you may be spending money on your Monte that could've gone for what you really wanted.

Very tough decision. What kind of truck are you thinking of?

Old 03-07-2010, 05:45 PM

Yeah well all of my friends have trucks, and I love going mudding, which I of course can not do with my car, haha.

The payments would be fine I guess, could probably find a truck I want, used, with not too many miles somewhere.

But I have three in mind right now, Dodge Ram 1500, Nissan Titan, or a Ford F-150.. the only thing I will want to do before getting it is save up some money so I can lift it and get some Rockstar rims and big tires on it soon after getting the truck. But I am thinking a Ford would be the better choice, just because it probably gets better mileage.

Old 03-07-2010, 05:56 PM

those titans are slick. my friend at work has a ram, and is fixing it all the time. i think its a 2006, dont know if they are different than the new ones.

and yes for a quality paint job, itll be at least 2000 if you want the engine bay and all that. on the plus side black is the cheapest paint color. i dont think that you have to pull the engine, just some accesories. GL

Old 03-07-2010, 08:50 PM

No interest in a Silverado? Guess you don't want dependability...

Just joking, but a paint job will be expensive for a good one. If you go with a truck and want to go mudding don't be an idiot and get a rwd only truck. It can cost more then a new truck to convert it to a real 4x4 from 2x4.

Old 03-07-2010, 09:05 PM

i was in a similiar spot.before i had my daugther we were looking at buying a newer car.my mom suggested getting a 4wd suv.i said i would but i know i would want to go play in the woods and it would end up breaking.then i would be in the same spot i was at the start.so we bought a 97 camry.you gotta have your DD then the play toy.im glad we bought the camry and not the 4wd.hope this helps

Old 03-08-2010, 02:33 PM

If you are looking at trucks, I would definately go with the Ford. They are by far the best and most reliable trucks out there. They all have their flaws but at the end of the day, the Ford will out last all of the rest.

I have an Expedition as well as my Monte Carlo and love it!! I can go anywhere with it and have had great reliability with it as well even though it has over 156K on it!!!

Old 03-08-2010, 02:41 PM

Well I for sure can not afford both, haha. But yeah I was thinking the Ford also, just because of the reliability and a better amount of miles to the gallon. I have not seen to many Ford's lifted the way I would like to do with mine, but it would look good.

Gonna be a little more expensive, but hopefully I can find a newer model used one with not too many miles on it, when the time comes in a few months to do it.

I believe my dad is going to keep my Monte though, so I am sure he will still keep on making it look nice.

Old 03-08-2010, 03:34 PM

well that's a big decission there because a truck is not just very usefull and you can get it on a 4x4 but you could also get a double cabin and it will give you a lot of room for people in the back seat. I love my MC but its a 2 door and that's not convenient for a lot of people. My oppinion, get the one that makes you the happies but dont put ur self in the hole with a huge car payment bro.