General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

7th Gen ('06-'07): just did my brothers monte's brakes

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2012, 06:11 PM
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Red face just did my brothers monte's brakes

oh god i dont know how se stoped. the pads werent even there the meatel backing ate away the rotors, and ruined the calipers to make it worse he said do you think just replacing the pads will work. keep in mind there was pretty much nothing left of the rotors other than the center of the rotors the fins showing yea that bad i still dont know how he stoped. i found a corvet with its calipers still on it as well as the hardware at the salvage yard as well as the rotors they looked or seemed ok. I had the rotors turned and put them on as well as new pads and bled the lines for the calipers. It stops like a dream the reson why my brother asked to see if i could jack up his car. To take a look he said he was hearing a worring sound and it was getting harder and harder to stop. i was lucky to stop at the salvage yard before going to the parts store because i seen the wrecker drive to it to drop it off. I went man i wanted these for mine but my brother needed to have his car to drive tonight and the rest of the week. i wanted to cry to be honest i wanted the four piston calipers and all the hard ware for my self as well as the rotors as well as the back setup as well. i really wanted to cry but it went to some one who is really happy now. i told him let me check his breaks on a regular time frame every 6 months he drives in tampa fl as well as orange county as well and it is nothing but stop and go between the two.

Last edited by Space; 08-02-2012 at 11:31 AM. Reason: minor spelling correction
Old 08-01-2012, 11:49 PM

Monte Of The Month -- March 2013
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

So you replaced everything with Corvette calipers and rotors? What year? Did they bolt right on? Did you have to change the brake lines? Any pics?

Old 08-02-2012, 12:01 AM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

Yes this is very confusing cuz the rotors shouldnt fit & u also have to tap the bolt holes for the brackets ive done this swap

Old 08-02-2012, 05:44 AM

I have no idea what the first post even said. No punctuation, beyond poor grammar, poor spelling.

Old 08-02-2012, 07:01 AM

I read it twice, but I'm still confused and practically gave myself a migraine trying to decode the text wall.

I think what the OP is trying to say is that his friend had a Monte who's brakes were completely shot. In an attempt to correct the issue, he was getting Corvette brake hardware from a junkyard.

Now I'm not sure if the swap has been completed or not because I couldn't figure that part out.

Old 08-02-2012, 09:49 AM

Originally Posted by aussiek2000
No punctuation, beyond poor grammar, poor spelling.
ive stated this before about the ops posts and was told that this was no place for punctuation, grammar, or spelling. im glad to see some people finally agree.

oh and the tale was about his brothers 7th gen monte. the brother was hearing noise and having trouble braking. upon inspection the op saw that the pads were completely gone, rotors were destroyed, and calipers also damaged. at which time he went to the junkyard and was lucky that there was a corvette being unloaded from a tow truck. he purchased the front and rear brake setup from this corvette to repair his brothers car. the brothers car is back on the road braking better than ever, but the op is envious that these brakes arent being used on his car. he never stated if he had to modify anything. id like to see pics of this brake set up on his brothers car, and possible pics of the corvette. perhaps it has ls6 heads on it.

Old 08-02-2012, 11:14 AM

Originally Posted by TheMonteMan
ive stated this before about the ops posts and was told that this was no place for punctuation, grammar, or spelling. im glad to see some people finally agree.

oh and the tale was about his brothers 7th gen monte. the brother was hearing noise and having trouble braking. upon inspection the op saw that the pads were completely gone, rotors were destroyed, and calipers also damaged. at which time he went to the junkyard and was lucky that there was a corvette being unloaded from a tow truck. he purchased the front and rear brake setup from this corvette to repair his brothers car. the brothers car is back on the road braking better than ever, but the op is envious that these brakes arent being used on his car. he never stated if he had to modify anything. id like to see pics of this brake set up on his brothers car, and possible pics of the corvette. perhaps it has ls6 heads on it.
Thank you for translating for me.