General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Just bought 04 MC LS

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2005, 02:54 AM
Default Just bought 04 MC LS

Is there anything I can do that is relatively cheap to enhance the acceleration? I noticed the rear bumper is molded for dual exhaust, anyone know a good place to look or kit to look at for that?

Thanks

-Brian

Old 07-01-2005, 02:59 AM
Default RE: Just bought 04 MC LS

welcome, my 05 L.T.came with dual's so i can't help with that problem sorry

Old 07-01-2005, 03:18 AM

check out www.pfyc.com or www.zzperformance.com or www.slponline.com They are all pretty big players in the MC world.

So warpath, what did you do for the Army? Where are some of the places you have been, and what were you when you got out? If you don't mind me asking of course.

Old 07-01-2005, 03:59 AM

after basic, and a.i.t. i was sent to o.c.s. then was asigned to 11th a.c.r. 2 tours
after 2 tours in country i was asigned to ft.knox for the most part with a couple of other
post in between.after being disharged as captain,i i reinlisted in the ky.national guard,
then retired when i had my 20 yrs in. here is a web link if interested

http://www.combatreform.com/cavalry.htm

Old 07-01-2005, 10:59 AM

Is there anything I can do that is relatively cheap to enhance the acceleration? I noticed the rear bumper is molded for dual exhaust, anyone know a good place to look or kit to look at for that?

Thanks

-Brian
As these guy's noted, you can buy complete systems or, if you want to save some $$$ find a good muffler shop in the area. I went with Flow 40's on mine and it sounds great...

TVW

Old 07-01-2005, 01:50 PM

thanks

I noticed a few things here including the U-bend removal, and throttle body screen removal. Do these both work for the LS?

Old 07-01-2005, 04:50 PM

welcome Biran

and yes they would work for your car to if you can find the parts for the T/B it would help your car. Check out ZZ preformance they tend to have alot for the montes also check on SLP's site they are good also/

but you can remove that screen on yours to and you can hear the diffrence in the car and the way it sux the air threw it mione sounds like a vacum cleaner now after removing that thing b4 it sucked air good but nothing like it seems to now and runs smother at idel also I no loger have the mis i had.

But i also have a 3800 SO not sure th results would be the same for yours.

Old 07-02-2005, 04:23 AM

Hey Brian.

Do you have a game plan as far as the mods you want to do to the Monte? If you aren't gonna keep it mild, I'd steer you away from a catback. Why? Cost is the main reason. Most of them are pretty expensive. But also, alot of hype is given to mandrel bends in the exhaust piping, which is what the catbacks come with. But the truth of the matter is that it's benefits aren't utilized until you are pushing a high power setup. I guarantee you will not feel or notice a difference between mandrel bent or crush bent piping of the same diameter on our car, that is until you look at it. But if money isn't an issue, go for it! But if it is, then I'd recommend buying your mufflers and having a local shop weld em on for you. This would be a good time to upgrade the size of the piping as well if you are planning on doing other mods that make this necessary. Going this route will be alot cheaper, but won't look as good from under the car.

When I got my exhaust done, I did not upgrade the piping as the only other engine mod I plan on doing is a CAI. I know what you're saying about the rear bumper being molded for dual exhaust, my car only lasted 2 days in stock form. I had to get duals put on, it looks so much better now. Here's a pic of it now

Old 07-05-2005, 01:57 PM

Yeah that does look really nice. I dont have a huge amount of money to spend so I may just put an exhaust on and get leather seats and stop at that. How do you like the sound of the exhaust you got put on? I tried to dl that sound clip but i couldnt for some reason.

Old 07-05-2005, 06:04 PM

hey brian if i had to get leather seat for my monte now i would look to find them out of a car with the power seats for both sides and the heated seats also but if you do it remeber to get the switch plate out of the center councal also it snaps in below the cup holder on ours that is what that blank if for .

good luck

Quick Reply: Just bought 04 MC LS