General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

It's Only Fair

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2008, 08:08 AM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default RE: Its Only Fair

ORIGINAL: rj

Even with two cats the house still seems somewhat empty.

That's perfectly understandable. A member of the family is gone.

But also, I find that cats tend to be more independant. They don't usually give you the attention that a dog does. A dog will play fetch with you. A cat won't.

Old 08-20-2008, 08:23 AM

R.J., Please come and get me out of jail, Please
[:-]
I promise to be good
Click below for more of my friends
[:-]

Old 08-20-2008, 10:25 AM

[align=center]Hi R.J.,[/align][align=center]I think I am a better puppy then the one above.[/align][align=center]I am just down the road from your house.[/align][align=center]I promise to be a good puppy.[/align][align=center]I am at the Shelby County Animal Jail.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Please stop by and say `hi `ok Please[/align][align=center]I don`t eat much & I will protect all your cars.[/align][align=center]I love 57 Chevy`s and Monte Carlo`s[/align][align=center]Look forward to your visit.[/align][align=center]I am sure once your pet me, you [/align][align=center]will fall in love with me.[/align][align=center]I will just be sitting here waiting [/align][align=center]for you.[/align][align=center]http://www.atourshelter.com/[/align][align=center][/align]

Old 08-20-2008, 11:09 AM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Thank you all for the kind words.

Taz, our cat Shado used to play fetch with me. He learned it on his own. His favorite toy was the lid to a milk jug. We used to find them in his food bowl. We would tell him, "Shado, no toys in the food bowl."
But if you threw the milk cap in the air he would jump and catch it much like dogs do with frisbees.

Space, thank you and to the beach bums for the encouragement. Right now it's too hard to think about gettinganother dog. I know people say a new pet helps relieve the loss of the one that just passed on. When Debbie's cat Smoki died unexpectedly and she took it so hard I knewsomething had to be done. My cousin who works at NAPA just happened to know some people their cats had just had a litter. We took the runt amd named him Shado. He grew to be 30 lbs. Shado developed liver failure that wasn't caught in time. He passed away june, 2003. We had him for 10 years almost to the day.

But thank you for the encouragement.

Old 08-20-2008, 02:11 PM

R.J. for all the crap i give ya im truley sorry to hear of the passing of your loved one.

I have to deal with the loss of a dog she had since before we met, He is hard of hearing,blind in one eye and also is starting to have issues to walk. every time we think it is time to take him in for his final visti he perks back up agian and gose on for another year or so.

If you know the dragon FALCOR in the never endign story you would see a carbon copy of our dog Murphy.
Her father has him right now becuse of our son being so ruff with him and his age made him a bit less tolerant then what he used to be. So he was given to her father knowing that he would be better taken care of him. so far it ahs worked out for the best her father has him doing a lot better and he is still walking around etc... but he has slowed alot over the last coupel of years. but to this day if he sees me he will get so excited he cant handel him self. all he can do is bark and whine and jomp in my lap.

I know someday i will have to go threw this also. and we ahve tired the other dog thing and belive me it works short term but you will never forget you lost frend.

again im sorry for your loss.

Old 08-20-2008, 03:28 PM

[align=center]Hi R. J.,[/align][align=center]I tried to PM you, but it was rejected when I attempted to send.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]I have never been in a position to have a cat or dog, but I can`t[/align][align=center]wait until I am in the position to have one.[/align][align=center]I love all animals, but I really love dogs, & I freak out every time[/align][align=center]I stop at the animal shelters to see, and play with them.[/align][align=center]I want to take them all home : )[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]I know you can`t replace yours, but there sure are a lot of[/align][align=center]puppies out there that sure could use a home.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Maybe this post with influence another member to think about[/align][align=center]visiting their Animal Shelters. With the recent increase in the[/align][align=center]cost of living, many family are forced to drop their pets off[/align][align=center]at the shelters, because they don`t have the money to feed them.[/align][align=center][X(][X(][X(][X(][X(][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]From the pictures you have posted, you live in a beautiful area[/align][align=center]of the country, and have a beautiful castle to reside. I know[/align][align=center]`if I was a dog : ) I would want to live at your castle[/align][align=center][8D]4-Sure. [/align][align=center]I don`t think that `Times heals all wounds, but I think time[/align][align=center]helps, and leaves a scar on your heart, but to me the scar is just[/align][align=center]a reminder of someone your loved, and willnever forget.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]I am sure that you Bigheart has room for many more.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]I hope the pain of your loss fades, and that if you have [/align][align=center]more room in that big heart of yours for another[/align][align=center]man`s best friend. Theres plenty out there that[/align][align=center]really need good human beings to take care of them,[/align][align=center]and love them..I learned that `if you can love,[/align][align=center]it will be returned, many times over.[][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Now, be thankful to be `free to `be, & EnJoy your Now.[/align][align=center]The BeachBums & `Space[/align]

Old 08-20-2008, 05:38 PM

space man if you have never visted buckeye. you really need to go . It has everythgin in it.
Water front,mountains(small but threre) feilds of corn and grass lands int he plains and also lots of COP's to make sure R.J. dont get to out of hand.
The sad part is i would ahve loved to go back home when we retierd but i cant affored to live there and the jobs there sucked when i was lookign in the area.
it is a shame it is kind of a black hole since the ford plants keep shutting down and such. you get there and then ya cant leave real easy.

Im sure that R.J. will have another puppy some time soon i know his G-frend will come up with one eventually if she is missing the family pet as much as he is. (then again she dose have R.J. as a family pet)

Old 08-20-2008, 06:47 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I wouldn't recommend replacing the dog right away. People need to go through the grieving process. And I think the cats are probably feeling it also. You'll know if/when it's time to get another dog.

Again, very sorry for your loss.

Old 08-21-2008, 11:26 AM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

It touches me how my MCF friends consider my feelings.
(wellllllllllllllllllll.............,everyone but Mickey. Thanks for the encouragement Mickey. I know you're there for me)
[sm=icon_rofl.gif]

About the past year we had to be careful not walking throughadarkhouse cause Heidi would lay down anywhere. I still find myself wanting to turn on lights so I don't step on her.

I know the Lord is there for me just as my friends are. If anyone can help with the loneliness I feel He can.

Thanks guys.

Old 08-21-2008, 07:41 PM

i still find shed hairs from Murphy in everything. he would shed constantly .
We would shave him in the summer time to help him kool off. But still had hair EVERY WHERE!!

But beliv em Taz Nailed it. you will know when it is time for the home to have another fuzzy frend.
And untill then you can always have taz over for the weekend i hear he is poddy trained.
and he kind of grummbels some so it will be just like old times. ya walk threw the house and have some thing growling at ya.

We do care honestly i feel your pain and hope you get threw it shortly!!

Quick Reply: It's Only Fair