General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

its been a while

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2013, 02:27 PM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

At the cruise ins around here, i have seen cadillac cimmerons driven by old folks with collectors plates, in my eyes, everything can be a classic , just what you see most often is the most common... Like everything can be modified, but kids like hondas.

I have spoken withmy wife, she just told me all she wants is to waituntilher new car is paid off before i undergo whatever it is iwant to do. Shes in full support of me keeping my car or me selling it to get something faster.
All she wants is something for me to be able to have fun in... She knows i have fun in eleanor, but she also knows i wants moar powar....
Shes getting a bit frustrated with me because i keep changing my mind...
Again i say, all my friends around here have 400hp cars and support me selling eleanor and getting something more powerful... but in knowing they too have bought slow cars and made them fast, they support me working her heart to make it beat faster..

Its just asking my monte brethren for advice.

Old 01-09-2013, 10:06 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Well, you bring up another point. One reason many Monte owners like their Monte is because the roads aren't filled with them.

You could go with a newer, faster, car. Like the Camaro you mentioned. Not to belittle the Camaro, but I see Camaros, Mustangs, and Challengers all over the place. In the warm months, I can't drive a couple blocks without seeing one. Around here, Mustangs don't get a second look anymore.

I don't see many Montes. Especially 5th gens. It would be easier to buy a Camaro and be done with Eleanor. But you might end up being just one of many Camaros on the road in your area. Fixing up Eleanor to your liking would certainly be more unique. Something not a lot of people have.