General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Interior Cleaning of your Monte Carlo ?

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2012, 09:25 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Question Interior Cleaning of your Monte Carlo ?

Hi Member's,
What products are you using to clean your interior ?
Please post & share your products & tips to keep your Monte Look'in & Smell'in Good

Goss’ Garage

Interior Cleaning
Click above link ^ (Interior Cleaning) for vid & article from MotorWeek
We all like to have a clean interior on our cars. Certainly it can’t be as clean as this show car, but it usually can be a lot better than what it is. Over time, cars take on an odor…

* What car is in the above Vid ? Please post `if you know ? ?

Last edited by Space; 01-08-2012 at 09:29 AM.
Old 01-08-2012, 09:33 AM
Talking Below From Dr Google's Search

Video: How to Clean a Car That Has a Very Dirty Interior | eHow.com

► 5:18► 5:18
Video: How to Clean a Car That Has a Very Dirty Interior | eHow.comclean-car-very-dirty...Feb 26, 2009 - 5 min
How to Clean a Car That Has a Very Dirty Interior. Part of the series: Auto Detailing. A car with a dirty ...

Video: How to Clean a Car's Interior | eHow.com

► 1:50► 1:50
Video: How to Clean a Car's Interior | eHow.comclean-cars-interior.htmlApr 16, 2000 - 2 min
How to Clean a Car's Interior. Cleaning the inside of a car is something that easily can get overlooked ...

More videos for how to clean auto interior »
<LI class=g>How To Clean Car Interior Detailing - Leather Upholstery Car ...

Automotive Care, Home Improvement, Tools, DIY Tips - Popular Mechanicscars/how.../how-to-clean-your-car-inter...Cached - Similar
You +1'd this publicly. Undo
Jul 14, 2010 – Most people spend a significant amount of time in their vehicles. If you are one those that basically live in your car and, especially those with ...

Car Interiors | Auto Interior Cleaning

www.howtocleananything.com/automotive.../auto-interior-cleaning/c...Cached - Similar
With our active lifestyles and the amount of time we spend in our cars, the average car interior is easy prey for a myriad of stains and odors.

How to clean car interior

How to maintain a car - illustrated guide.interior.htmlCached - Similar
How to clean car interior: how to clean carpet, seats, dashboard plastics, how to get rid of musty odor.

Interior cleaning and conditioning guide: everything from upholstery ...

We Are Car Care -- Car Wax, Car Polish, Auto Detailing Supplies, Car Buffers & Car Accessories StoreCar Care ProductsAuto Carpet & UpholsteryCached - Similar
Interior Cleaning and Conditioning How To's - Interior Cleaning and Conditioning How To's Other people may admire the outside your vehicle, but you see the ...

Car Leather & Interior Care (Cleaning & Conditioning) | How-to Guide

www.autopia-carcare.com/inf-cockpit.htmlCached - Similar
How To Detail Your Car's Interior - Regular vacuuming and dusting of your car's interior is the best way to keep it looking good. However, surface cleaning alone ...

How to Clean the Interior of an Automobile - For Dummies<~Like `Space

www.dummies.com/.../how-to-clean-the-interior-of-an-automobile.ht...Cached - Similar
Keeping your car's interior clean is more than a matter of pride; dirt contains grit and chemicals that can eat away the surfaces of your car's interior.

Detailing your car's interior

Consumer Reports: Expert product reviews and product Ratings from our test labsHomeCarsNew CarsCached - Similar
Consumer Reports' tips on cleaning and conditioning your vehicle's interior. ... Just as important as keeping your car's exterior clean, having a clean interior is an ...

Last edited by Space; 01-08-2012 at 09:35 AM.
Old 01-08-2012, 09:37 AM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2011
Monte Of The Month -- April 2014
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

I use mother's cleaning products. they have a protectant that works for leather, and vinyal (Non Shiney)

I also used an old white tube sock to apply. I put the sock on my hand like a glove & spray the cleaner or protectant on the sock and then clean the surface. (It keeps the spray from going place you don't want like on windows). I use a detailing brush for detailed areas like vents and *****.

Last edited by Tadcaster; 01-08-2012 at 10:40 AM.
Old 01-08-2012, 09:51 AM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

I use meguiars or mothers on mine

Old 01-08-2012, 10:22 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2015
Monte Of The Month -- February 2011
10 Year Member

I use Adams Products. Interior cleaner
Adam's Leather & Interior Cleaner

Video
Adam's Polishes Video Vol. 6 - Chapter 18 - YouTube!

This will explain how to

Old 01-08-2012, 10:38 AM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2012

To clean the leather seats and dash pad I use Lexol Leather Cleaner with a dampened applicator pad followed by a wipe down with a dampened microfiber towel, then dry with another microfiber towel. I use a soft bristle tooth brush to get into the nooks and crannys. Once the leather is clean I use an applicator pad with Zaino Leather In A Bottle to soften and protect the leather. It also gives the interior the smell of fresh leather. For plastic/vinyl I use Purple Power Cleaner. I purchase the full strength version and dilute it down using a 1 part cleaner 3 part water mixture. I use a microfiber towel, soft bristle tooth brush and a soft hair blush applicator. This is followed up with a wipe down using a dampened microfiber towel then dried with another microfiber towel. For protection I use Meguiars Natural Shine Protectant. For the clear plastic covering the gauges and the face of the (factory) radio I use Meguiars PlastX Cleaner and Polish. To clean the interior windows I was using Meguiars NXT Generation Glass Cleaner but recently switched over to Stoner's Invisible Glass Cleaner. I apply it using the Stoner's Reach & Clean Tool then do a final wipe with a microfiber towel. To clean the carpet I use the upholstery attachment on a Bissel carpet steam cleaner/extractor then spray on a coat of Scotchgard carpet protectant.

Old 01-08-2012, 02:28 PM

great post!

Old 01-08-2012, 09:53 PM

Im trying alot of products,havent shampoo'd my carpet yet.any members here do it?

Old 01-09-2012, 09:52 AM

..Thanks member's for your contributions to this thread subject 4-Sure...I've learned some new detailing information.
`Mel, I really liked your link on Adam Detail products
(Great vid(s) Thanks everyOne 4-Sure

Old 01-09-2012, 11:22 AM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2012

Originally Posted by 04chevyboy
Im trying alot of products,havent shampoo'd my carpet yet.any members here do it?
I pulled the seats in my Monte and cleaned the carpet as part of its first cleaning shortly after I purchased it, but I used the upholstery attachment on my home carpet cleaner/extractor. In the past I have used a product called Tuff Stuff < Link with good results. I would suggest cleaning the carpet during the Summer months though so it can dry quickly, or if you have some heat lamps that would work also.

Quick Reply: Interior Cleaning of your Monte Carlo ?