General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Insurance

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2009, 06:02 PM
Default Insurance

Hey guys i was just wondering what you pay for insurance on your monte carlos? Im 19 and lookin for either a 04' Supercharged or a 07 SS. I can pay for the car itself but the insurance might be a killer...

Old 04-06-2009, 06:05 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2008

Originally Posted by McMan
Hey guys i was just wondering what you pay for insurance on your monte carlos? Im 19 and lookin for either a 04' Supercharged or a 07 SS. I can pay for the car itself but the insurance might be a killer...

I am guessing that being under 25 with a 2-door full-size sports car, insurance may be steep. Hopefully those under 25 can chime in. Of course, you can do a lot of shopping, you may find a deal.

I pay $1000 for my 06 LTZ.

Last edited by GrandPaDave; 04-06-2009 at 06:11 PM.
Old 04-06-2009, 06:27 PM

Originally Posted by McMan

Hi Member: `McMan, & Welcome to the Monte Carlo Family Forum
Your have chosen 2 great Monte's, but insurance can be a deterent
4-$ure I learned the hard way when I was 17, & got caught
Street Rac'in, but was charged with reckless operation.
I am still paying higher insurance.
"Learn'in the Hard Way is Xpensive"
If you are getting performance cars, take it to the track to race.
I sure wish I would've listened. I'm now 21 & my insurance is
just starting to decline.
Below are a few links you may want to check `out.
Hope they help... I am sure our members will post their suggestions.
Let us know what you get....Good Luck, from `Space

<LI about="r15">
Auto Insurance for Teens
Mar 30, 2009 ... Because auto insurance for teens is much more expensive than usual, ... This way , finding the company which offers the best deal won’t take ...
car-insurance.onlineautoinsurance.com/auto-insur... - 25k - Similar pages
http://car-insurance.onlineautoinsurance.com/auto-insurance/auto-insurance-for-teens/
<LI about="r16">
Best Cars for Teens - Which cars are best for a teen's first...
Find out how to select the right insurance company for teenagers in our article, Auto Insurance Companies - Best and Worst. Learn how to shop for companies ...
www.leaseguide.com/Articles/cars-for-teens.htm - 44k - Similar pages
http://www.leaseguide.com/Articles/cars-for-teens.htm
<LI about="r17">
Car Insurance for Teenagers
Tips for getting lower car insurance rates for teenagers. There are a number of ways to ... Auto Insurance, Best Rates For High Risk Drivers Got Insurance? ...
www.superpages.com/supertips/car-insurance-for-t... - 41k - Similar pages
http://www.superpages.com/supertips/car-insurance-for-teenagers.html
<LI about="r18">
Cheapest auto insurance teens ma
Cheapest auto insurance teens ma get auto insurance rate comparisons today and save your money ! ... `dove said can best part behind those tall messmate. ...
moodle.bethanywv.edu/auth/cas/?Cheapest-auto-insurance-tee... - Similar pages
http://moodle.bethanywv.edu/auth/cas/?Cheapest-auto-insurance-teens-ma/
<LI about="r19">
How to Obtain the Best Auto Insurance Policy for Teens
How to Obtain the Best Auto Insurance Policy for Teens. Shopping for auto insurance for your teen may be easier than you think. Easy research can reveal ...
cheap-insurance-rates.com/auto/insurance-for-tee... - 12k - Similar pages

Old 04-06-2009, 07:34 PM

im 19 and pay $1300 for an 01 ss

Old 04-06-2009, 07:35 PM

just do a quote from some company

Old 04-06-2009, 08:39 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2009

it all depends on the coverage that you choose, whether you want full coverage (definitely suggested) and what you choose for a deductible. the higher your deductible, the lower your payments. and of course your location, commute, age, and sex, whether you have any accidents and/or violations on your record. also whether you have other cars to insure, or an apartment/home for multi-discounts. i don't know where you are located but in Rhode Island men are considered "young drivers" until age 29, females till 25. i know it varies by state though. I'd suggest Progressive, they're great for young drivers and very lenient when it comes to violations/accidents if you have any. if you have the option to go under your parents' insurance for at least 6 months, it'll help you to get a lower rate when you do get your own policy, most companies will give you a lower rate if you've had 6 months of continuous insurance without any lapses.

good luck and definitely check around with different companies. there are a lot of places you can go online to get quotes from multiple companies at once, and nowadays most companies will offer you a quote right online. you an also check with local agencies, some will write with multiple companies and can give you quotes through a couple companies.

Old 04-06-2009, 09:33 PM

Wow you guys pay a ton for your insurance.

I'm 19 and I pay around $480 for my 01 Monte Carlo. Granted I put myself with my parents plan, but yea.... I have full coverage and a $500 deductible.

Old 04-06-2009, 10:40 PM

Forgive my asking but... when you guys say you're paying $1000+ for insurance, do you mean that's your monthly payment?? Jesus christ! How many speeding tickets do you have? I'm 18 with an '06 LS, full coverage, no tickets, and I pay around $250 a month.

Old 04-06-2009, 10:50 PM

everything for me is full coverage plus storage over winter. paying about 1000

Old 04-06-2009, 10:54 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2009

Originally Posted by Latch
Forgive my asking but... when you guys say you're paying $1000+ for insurance, do you mean that's your monthly payment?? Jesus christ! How many speeding tickets do you have? I'm 18 with an '06 LS, full coverage, no tickets, and I pay around $250 a month.
i doubt it. (at least i hope not, yow!) i imagine those are either 6 or 12 month premiums. mine is $145 a month, full coverage, high bi/pd limits, uninsured BI and med pay, and $1000 deductible. but sadly i have an ugly driving record. a couple speeding tix and a couple accidents, and that's not counting the accident from december, though i won't be charged for that cuz that wasn't my fault.

Quick Reply: Insurance