Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   General Monte Carlo Talk (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/general-monte-carlo-talk-9/)
-   -   I'm B-a-a-a-a-a-ck... Almost... (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/general-monte-carlo-talk-9/im-b-ck-almost-25469/)

77gp 01-17-2011 06:23 PM

Myself I like the graphics. Think it sets it off with the silver on bottom.

JuniorCar 01-17-2011 07:30 PM

I think the graphix rock! I haven't seen another exactly like it...

Hope it works out for you!

INTIMIDAT3R 01-17-2011 07:39 PM

Originally Posted by LuSe4 (Post 288139)
That is cool!
How on earth does it have a rust spot already? Stone chip left untouched?

Yep, the rust spot is about the size of a quarter inside the lip of the left rear wheel well and the paint has darn near peeled to the edge and onto the quarter panel.

Anyway, they called me back to the dealership to give me the "song and dance" routine.

I told them flat out, "This is what I'll pay and this is what you'll give me for my trade-in. It's either my way or I walk out and go buy the Cruze."

They "low-balled" on my trade-in and wouldn't budge on the the price of $15,500(still over book and was better than the original $16,899 they orginally wanted). They agreed to fix the rust, replace the cracked front ground effect, new tires, etc. etc. You know the deal, they promise you the world, but won't go lower on the price.

I told them I knew for a fact they didn't give $14,500 for it on the trade-in and that price was what I got for it 3 years ago when I traded it in. They went on about "being in it" for more than that.

Again, I told them "This is what I'll pay and this is what you'll give me for my trade-in. It's either my way or I walk out and go buy the Cruze."

I told them when they wanted to sell the car to call me and I walked.

I can get a new car for the price they're charging for my Monte. As much as I love that car and wish it was back home, I'm not paying $15,500 for it and have only a 1 year warranty when I can get a new car with better mileage and a full warranty.

Heck, I still have my 400 hp, '11 Camaro 2SS to play with. My Monte was going to be my daily driver, work car, and winter car.

Either way, I still win. I guess I'll only be back in "spirit".

Taz 01-17-2011 09:39 PM

I think they'll be calling you again within the next few days.

INTIMIDAT3R 01-18-2011 07:23 PM

Maybe they will call back, maybe they won't.

I'm going to be calling my dealership on wednesday and tell them I want that new Cruze if I don't hear from that other dealership about my Monte.

Like I said, I win either way.

The "Dealership Game", I refuse to play. I'm the customer and I'm always right.

Especially when I know this car inside and out. Is it worth the $15,500 they dropped it to? Does Charlie Daniels play a mean fiddle? :D

BUT, I'm not going to pay that price whe I can get a new vehilce for just a little bit more.

Enzo354 01-18-2011 07:46 PM

Originally Posted by INTIMIDAT3R (Post 288419)
Maybe they will call back, maybe they won't.

I'm going to be calling my dealership on wednesday and tell them I want that new Cruze if I don't hear from that other dealership about my Monte.

Like I said, I win either way.

Especially when I know this car inside and out. Is it worth the $15,500 they dropped it to? Does Charlie Daniels play a mean fiddle? :D

BUT, I'm not going to pay that price whe I can get a new vehilce for just a little bit more.

Not to mention Chevy is really stepping it up. The interior might be nicer even if it is the base model, not to mention mileage. Isnt that all that counts with a Daily?

JAFO 01-18-2011 07:53 PM

Originally Posted by INTIMIDAT3R (Post 288419)

Know the feeling. I was going to buy one of the cars at our store, they wanted about $1500 over NADA, but I know what we do to cars before they go on the lot, I was willing to pay that for what was done to it, they however offered me almost $2000 UNDER NADA for my trade. The combination was too much. I was told "You need to sell your car on Craig's List." Looked the salesman in the eye and told him "No, the dealership needs to be more realistic!"

As you said either way you win, a new Cruze or the Monte as a DD... how can you go wrong? Good luck with whatever happens and... as others have said even if you don't have a Monte you don't need to be a stranger!