General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

I need some answers PLEASE!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2017, 02:08 PM
Tma
Default I need some answers PLEASE!!

Hi All,
Well my Monte SS is throwing 3 codes still!!
Shes an 01, (off the line on April 5,2000), 3800 series 2, with 109,000 miles on her. I bought her new.
Well at 105,500 miles I started to have to change most sensors. (I understand things get old and need replacing) The MAF sensor never threw a code, but she kept throwing EGR, and 02sensor, changed them and was still having problems, so I put her in the shop, they changed the MAF sensor and she was running, not great, but running, this was in September. So last week she acted up again and I went back to the shop, told them what happened, and I thought it was the MAF sensor again. They told me that its most likely the fuel pump. So I changed it (20 min and done). The next day my dummy light came on again, so I unscrewed the gas cap, rescrewed it back on and the light went out, about 15 miles later it came back on, so I repeated the gas cap process again, and the light went off. So today I got a new gas cap and put it on, but my check engine light didn't go off this time. Took her to a new shop had the codes ran, and the MAF, and EGR are throwing codes, we cleared them and waiting to see if the light comes back on.
My question is... if they come back on, what in the world would be tripping these codes again??? All those parts are new, with about 3,000 miles on them. Also the motor seems to still sound labored, it got better after the fuel pump, but she's still not 100% yet.
Does anyone know what could be going on?
Could it be the CAT going or the down bank O2sensor???
I just want my girl running right, and to be able to trust I won't get stranded, or cause damage to the motor.
Thank you for your time and advise in advance, and HELP!!!!!

Old 05-01-2017, 02:16 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Do you have any idea what the codes it is throwing are?

I know you are saying MAF and EGR codes, but what is the full code?

Old 05-01-2017, 09:11 PM
Tma

Originally Posted by ChibiBlackSheep
Do you have any idea what the codes it is throwing are?

I know you are saying MAF and EGR codes, but what is the full code?

i will find out and post it. Do you have any answer about the motor seeming to be labored when in gear?

Old 05-02-2017, 09:04 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Hard to tell without the codes, if the cat is clogging up, then it is possible that is what you are feeling.