General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

I just now realized that................

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2005, 01:16 AM
Default I just now realized that................

I don't want the blue theme on the exterior of my car, I want red! The only thing stopping me from doing that is the damn blue bowtie on my trunk lid[:@]

So now, the dilemma............shave the bowtie or modify the existing one to be red/chrome(with the middle part being red)

Discuss

Old 09-21-2005, 01:39 AM
Default RE: I just now realized that................

Nothing more than personal choice... just like staying all black on rotors and calipers.

Joke aside.. your going chrome rims.. chrome exhaust tips.. maybe chrome on the trunk too....

... and all black calipers.

Tj

Old 09-21-2005, 02:09 AM

ORIGINAL: 03SSdriver

Nothing more than personal choice... just like staying all black on rotors and calipers.

Joke aside.. your going chrome rims.. chrome exhaust tips.. maybe chrome on the trunk too....

... and all black calipers.

Tj
all black on rotors/calipers=boring

I want unique, noticeable yet tasteful.

Since blue is gonna be the theme inside, I want red outside and under the hood. The calipers/rotors would look alot better red/black instead of blue/black.

Old 09-21-2005, 02:47 AM

Red calipers /black rotors?. I thought about going red on my calipers.. but i decided i didn't have enough red on the car to make it look right... only the SS on the side.

Tj

Old 09-21-2005, 04:06 AM

Red calipers /black rotors?. I thought about going red on my calipers.. but i decided i didn't have enough red on the car to make it look right... only the SS on the side.

Tj
Haven't quite figured out the layout just yet. Here's the options...

Red caliper bracket/black caliper/rotors

Red caliper bracket/calipers/rotors

Black caliper bracket/red caliper/black rotors

The front calipers/caliper brackets are freakin' huge so I think whatever I do is gonna look tight

Old 09-21-2005, 04:16 AM

Tj

Old 09-21-2005, 04:49 AM

Tj
sounds like a winner to me

Old 09-21-2005, 04:53 AM

i painted my brackets red and the calipers red. then i have plans to paint the rotors blck i dont like the way it looks when you paint the roters the red. for some reason to me they look tacky or over done to a point.

But i love the red calipers behind the wheels agains the the white car they tie it al togeather i think.

As far as that blue bow tie go to the local bone yard and find a SS and take the red one off the trunk

Or go to Ebay and buy a new one with the adheisive on it already they are cheap like 20.00 US

Old 09-21-2005, 06:18 AM

ORIGINAL: mickey

i painted my brackets red and the calipers red. then i have plans to paint the rotors blck i dont like the way it looks when you paint the roters the red. for some reason to me they look tacky or over done to a point.

But i love the red calipers behind the wheels agains the the white car they tie it al togeather i think.

As far as that blue bow tie go to the local bone yard and find a SS and take the red one off the trunk

Or go to Ebay and buy a new one with the adheisive on it already they are cheap like 20.00 US
I agree. Unless you have a big brake kit, the rotors should be black IMO.

nah, im not gonna buy something I can make. All I gotta do is mask and paint the existing bowtie and hit it would a couple layers of clear and i'm good! But then again, I kinda like the look of it w/shaved emblem

Old 09-21-2005, 08:24 AM

I think red on white will look very nice. Like you said, I would ditch the blue bow tie. E-bay has the red bow ties that would look pretty nice.

Red caliper, bracket & black rotor...

Quick Reply: I just now realized that................