General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

I hate to say it

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2008, 09:58 PM
Default I hate to say it

I hate to say it, but I am considering that this may be the first and last season for my monte carlo!

I am considering a used z06 or something similar for next spring...

Anyone have input? Suggestions?

Once I pay off more on my Monte, I'm gonna try to unload it this fall/winter...

-Keegan

Old 06-09-2008, 12:41 AM
Default RE: I hate to say it

Get a low-mileage camaro or fire bird. Alot less money but still V8/RWD and tons of mods out there.

Old 06-09-2008, 04:02 AM

Yah, I dunno about that one. I want to be able to say I have a corvette. I love the styling, and the handling, not to mention the speed right out of the box. In addition, all of my friends have camaros and trans ams, and I wanna stand out, ya know?

Old 06-09-2008, 06:40 AM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

sounds good to me.. can't pass up a good Corvette if you can afford it

Old 06-09-2008, 08:24 AM

I hear ya!! I've wanted a Corvette since I was 12 (thats 40 years and counting...). I just paid my MC off and am thinking of looking at a new Vette next year. i want to see what this economy is going to do first.

If you're looking at a used Vette, check the history closely, and the owner. Especially a Z-06. Most people take excellent care of a Vette (think about it...how often do you see a Vette actually racing, compared to a camero SS or trans Am? or worse, a Mustang) but the Z-06 is a different story. There's one a few miles from my house and he runs the crap out of it.

Bottom line, it's hard not to be happy with a Vette. Just take your time and make sure your not getting someone else problems.

Old 06-09-2008, 01:14 PM

Exactly!
Make darn sure you're not buying somebody else's problem. People who unload a 'Vette usually have some good reason to want it gone!

Old 06-09-2008, 02:14 PM

or they just cant afford the gas anymore...

Old 06-09-2008, 02:24 PM

If I had my choice of vehicles for the money I have to go with the Viper not the Vette. I love Chevy's but I would have a change of hearts, if, I said if I had my choice. Since I do not have that choice I will keep my Monte and my Malibu. I am not slamming Vettes I would go for something a little more fun with the buns.
My o2 just me.
I drove both vehicles and the viper had more seat of the pants hold on then the vette did.
That could be argumentative but I don't want that, it is just my 02.
To each there own.

Old 06-09-2008, 04:44 PM

I am just torn as to whether I should try to unload the car as is, or take the aftermarket stuff off?

Old 06-11-2008, 04:53 AM

Thought about a Vette when I got my 06 SS. I agree Keegan, I love the styling and the power. I'm right there with Randall, been thinking about it for a long time. One day, hopefully soon, I WILL get a Vette.

As for the aftermarket parts, that is a really tough call, hard to say which way to go there.

Quick Reply: I hate to say it