General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

I give up

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2009, 05:42 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

That sucks Kweef! I am soooo careful about my 03 Red car but since I have the Silver one (which has many flaws) I wouldn't be too upset if anything happened to it. I know a lot of people don't have that luxury of owning 2 cars. One to keep nice and one to use as a DD.

Old 04-04-2009, 06:39 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2013
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Don't be talking crap about the silver one! I just voted it MOTM! I take it back! J/k of course

Its a good idea to have a spare car. I have a '98 Regal GS. Its the crap car that drives like a monster, and in all honesty, I probably enjoy owning it more then the Monte. It gets the sh*t beaten out of it but it doesn't stress me like my Monte does.

An early snowfall last fall was almost tragic when the canopy covering my Monte collapsed. Miraculously, the Monte was unscathed. When the canopy fell, it fell sort of fell sideways, but right into the side of the Buick. It also snapped a 4x4 post holding up a basketball net, which bounced right off the hood of the Buick. Superficially, the thing is a mess. Mechanically and performance wise, that thing is a rock. Best $1800 I ever spent. I was never stressed out about the Buick

Last edited by JuniorCar; 04-04-2009 at 07:57 PM.
Old 04-04-2009, 06:44 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2009

Originally Posted by JuniorCar

An early snowfall last fall was almost tragic when the canopy covering my Monte collapsed. Miraculously, the Monte was unscathed. When the canopy fell, it fell sort of fell sideways, but right into the side of the Buick. It also snapped a 4x4 post holding up a basketball net, which bounced right off the hood of the Buick. Superficially, the thing is a mess. Mechanically and performance wise, that thing is a rock. Best $1800 I ever spent. I was never stressed out about the Buick
yikes! that would have sucked if you had the monte parked there!!!

i have an aluminum carport at the top of my driveway, i always used to park under it with my old car to help protect from the elements. like the 2nd week i had the monte though, i was backing out and smacked the passenger's side mirror on the post of the carport. tore the mirror clean off and bent the post, pulled it partway out of the concrete. ever since then i won't park under there. also since then the top of the carport (individual pieces of corrugated aluminum, set on top almost like shingles, one on top of the next, bolted to the frame) has been coming off piece by piece. started in a windstorm that ripped off half of them, and more have been coming down recently. it's older than time and all the bolts are rusted. i want to have the whole damn thing ripped out so i can have my driveway back. i'm scared to death that one of these windstorms is going to rip one piece off and it's going to go flying onto my hood and scratch the living hell out of my paint.

Old 04-04-2009, 06:53 PM
STILL SLOW
Monte Of The Month -- May 2010
10 Year Member

We have poles in our garage, and with our huge monte doors its hard to open. Best place to park is a big machine shed haha.

Old 04-04-2009, 07:10 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2009

yeah really lol. i have to park at an angle in the widest part of my driveway to not hit the fence when i open the door.

Old 04-04-2009, 07:41 PM

My new paint job didn't even last 2 weeks before someone door dinged/dented my drivers door. I always park far away from everyone else and it don't seem to help anymore. I was pretty pissed at the time but they were already gone. But autobody is what I do for a living so for me not a big deal to fix. Majority of the people don't care about their cars or anyone else's anymore.

Old 04-04-2009, 08:06 PM

That's the reason I usually park far away from the doors to stores. I typically park in the boon docks away from vehicles to avoid the bumps... besides I can use the exercise.

Old 04-04-2009, 08:09 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2013
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I remember screwing over somebody with an Echo once. It was back when I still drove a '92 Roadmaster Woody Wagon. I was going to the laudromat and he was parked right beside me. I went to open the back door and the wind caught it. It got away from me and went DEEP into his door. Practically popped the door skin inside his car. The Roadmaster was unscathed - not even a paint rub, but the Echo needed a new door. The Echo would have been practically new at the time. It would have been nice to be honest, but I remember thinking "Why should I have to pay because this guy buy a cheap piece of crap when I made the choice of buying a solid car". His repair bill would be more than the book value of my car. That's his price to pay for his precious fuel economy.

Screw him. I went to a different laundromat. F* Echo's

Old 04-04-2009, 10:23 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by JuniorCar
Don't be talking crap about the silver one! I just voted it MOTM! I take it back! J/k of course
At least it photographs well! I too was fooled by the photos the dealership posted. The paint will be fixed!

Old 04-05-2009, 12:31 AM
rj
15 Year Member

Originally Posted by wiz kidd
..... i even caught her the once, and she wouldn't do anything...she's like private property, doesn't matter, which is true, but it sucks!
I don't think that's 100% true? Afterall, you do carry auto insurance on the car and if someone damaged your car and you witnessed it, it should be possible to contact the insurance, have the car repaired, then let them go back on the person who damaged your car.

Just once all this takes place make sure you don't park anywhere near the place you witnesses the damage cause you know next time they'll come back and make more damage to your car.

Quick Reply: I give up