Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   General Monte Carlo Talk (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/general-monte-carlo-talk-9/)
-   -   How much is your payments for an 06-07 Monte Carlo SS (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/general-monte-carlo-talk-9/how-much-your-payments-06-07-monte-carlo-ss-2786/)

06BlackSS 12-02-2006 11:37 PM

RE: How much is your payments for an 06-07 Monte Carlo SS

Yes, in my post I said up here in Canada. go to www.gmcanada.com and do the car build. You will see the final price..

Jason

Bigg J 12-03-2006 01:19 AM

OK. 07MonteSSGirl is in Michigan, so she was talking about the pricing in American dollars. Isn't Canadian money diffrent in value from U.S. currency? I imagine that's why the price difference.

06BlackSS 12-03-2006 12:04 PM

Yes, it is slightly different. Right now its about 89 cents on the dollar. But still, I cant see how a 31,000 dollar car can be leased for 3 years for $399 a month unless you put a LARGE down payment.

Revitupfaster 12-04-2006 01:32 PM

If you go to the Canadian website, you can also call up the "Financing Options" and actually see what the payments would be for a lease or buy situation. I have never tried, but I would imagine the the chevrolet.com "Build your own" would have the same finance calculators.

Revitupfaster 12-04-2006 01:39 PM

Just another point, the current exchange rate sure doesn't equate to the price difference between the US and Can. Great example, check out the option price for the "polished" wheels on the SS. US price is $375 (I think) and the Can price is $720. With an 89 cent dollar, the Canadian price should be about $425. Talk about getting ripped off.

I have an 07 SS on order, and I live about 1 1/2 hours from the plant where it's made, and we in Canada get nailed $1250 freight. I think the US freigh is around $600. Makes you feel a little sick to your stomach.

rchurch 12-04-2006 01:53 PM

WOW! We have a girl on this site! Maybe if we could get some of her friends to join we could add an online dating service thread. How about it moderators? How often do we find women and MC's together? I haven't been this excited since the first time I didn't have to take my sister to the prom just to have a date!

TonyRumbleSS 12-04-2006 03:58 PM

i had a TON of $$ down.. own a 06 ss for $212 a month.. :)

rj 12-04-2006 05:24 PM

My '06 LTZ was a leased car when I got it with 10,000 miles on the odometer.

The dealer still wanted $30,000 for a new '06 with zero miles. This was for an SS. A 3LT they had was still right at $26,000. This was in september when I found out UPS employees could get a discount on new GM cars/trucks so I started looking seriously for an '06 Monte.

I was interested in an '06 cause I own an '86 LS that I've had for about 10 years now.

But with $3500 down my payments are around $260 per month. But I also bought an extended warranty which I'm told is equal to a new car warranty. (covers everything but a meteor striking the car in the middle of a snow storm in july I'm told)

First I wanted an '06 Monte very bad. But if anything I do not want a monthly car payment. Haven't had one since 1986 when I was 28 years old. Driving the 2LT we rented to travel to Nashville for the Monte Nats plus the 3LT, SS, my LTZ, the other 3LT swayed me into buying the car. Driving the Monte is GREAT! (plus it turns some heads)

If you want an '06 Monte perhaps a used one would suit you better?

04 Intimidator 12-04-2006 05:50 PM

ORIGINAL: rchurch

WOW! We have a girl on this site! Maybe if we could get some of her friends to join we could add an online dating service thread. How about it moderators? How often do we find women and MC's together? I haven't been this excited since the first time I didn't have to take my sister to the prom just to have a date!

LOL to prom! The lack of women on the site... well car forum sites in general, is what made me throw that joke up their earlier. I hope your doing the same with the dating service thread.... That's what craigslist is for. :)

06MonteSS 12-05-2006 10:47 AM

Sticker on mine was $31,000.... I got it - with a 5yr 75k mile GM Major Guard extended warranty - out the door for $26k... financed at 3.9% - and monthly payments are around $400.