General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

How do you listen to your iPod/iPhone or MP3 in your car?

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2014, 04:58 PM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2013
Monte Of The Month -- December 2015
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Barovelli
Know the brand? When I used a cassette adaptor in the Firebird the best one was Sony branded.
Below is what i have, originally got it a few years ago for my 97, switched it to the 04 later on, has worked great for years.

Old 07-01-2014, 10:56 AM

I have a wireless transmitter with Bluetooth. Works awesome

Old 07-06-2014, 12:48 AM

I love all the ideas posted here, but, I think I am going to keep trying with the cassette adapter.

Old 07-08-2014, 12:10 PM

I bluetooth mine through a Kinro BT adapter hooked to a cassette adapter. I'm too lazy to plug into my phone

Old 07-08-2014, 01:13 PM

The isimple is the way to go for factory integration. lots of other brands.

And HANDS FREE Blutooth is a MUST.
Nobody should ever have a phone in hand for any reason while driving. Ever. And that's the problem with the cassette adaptor. You need to use the phone, or iPod to control songs.

But not me, the factory "premium" radio with CD player wasn't at all going to do it. Sounded muddy to me. But I was used to a SQ system.

I replaced most of the sound system the first weekend I had the car, April 06. Two 15" subs, 4way 6x9's, 6 amps, active crossover for front speakers.
I had to wait 2 months before the adaptor was made to integrate the OnStar/chimes/turn signal/retained power. I bought the LANSTAR1.
Then I installed the Alpine in-dash with SWI steering control adaptor and 2 CD Changers and upgraded the front speakers.
In 2009 I upgraded the Alpine to add Hands Free Bluetooth.
in late 2011 I upgraded again for an Alpine with full iPod/iPhone control, added the digital Proc EQ & TA, and anniversary present, upgraded the front speakers to Hertz MLe's.

Concert Hall sound! Still works great. The 15" Kickers are as old as the Monte, over 8 years. But the 6 Pioneer amps and Pioneer 4way 6x9's are a year older, they came out of my Z24, and still work great.

The Kids got me a real iPod for fathers day. Its engraved with love from my 3 girls, so its really special to me. Never use the CD changers anymore. So, now I have my full music collection, all in Apple Lossless format. All this is why I'm not giving up the Monte, even though it's showing signs of age.

Old 07-08-2014, 11:14 PM

I use a USA Spec (from Crutchfield) which was a b-day present from my boyfriend 5-6 yrs. It plugs right into the back of the factory radio, with it I can use my steering wheel controls and the sound quality is perfect.

Old 07-09-2014, 03:55 AM

My truck (and 78 Camaro) have a newer headunit that has both USB for the iPod and bluetooth capabilities. So if I have the ipod I just plug it in and control it from the head unit. If I'm running off Google Music on my phone (I have more music than I can fit on my iPod), I just run through bluetooth and control it from the head unit. I think I'll sell the unit in the truck when I replace it (I'm not terribly fond of the UI since I've always had Pioneer decks) but it's done it's job. It was one of the few available at the time with bluetooth capability that wasn't obscenely expensive. I already have my eyes on a double DIN unit (My next truck will likely either be a 2000 and newer GM truck or a Nissan Titan, both with double DIN factory radio spaces) that I will be buying when I get to that point. I've found that Pioneer plays very well with the Bose speakers that are in many GM vehicles.

The 73 has a 5 year old Pioneer unit (still works great, probably will stick with it for a while longer) that I just use the iPod in. It has an AUX port but on all my stereos I leave the AUX open for my satellite radio. Both the 73 and 78 have Pioneer speakers and they sound great for my purposes. I don't need concert hall quality, I just need it clear when loud (I listen to a lot of harder rock) and they do well for what I listen to.

Old 07-09-2014, 06:20 PM

Simple cassette to audio adapter, just plug in my phone with Pandora/Spotify or my iPod touch with my tunes. I really just want to put all my music onto my phone

Old 07-19-2014, 09:20 PM

Beats pill!

Old 07-19-2014, 09:53 PM

I use a $12 Pyleaudio FM transmitter. Has a micro SD slot, USB port and a input jack. Also comes in blue or red with a remote. I use the micro SD slot and a 16 gig card (which is max for this transmitter).

I got mine from Staples ---> Pyleaudio PMP3A2 Mobile SD/USB/MP3 Compatible Player 87.5 - 108 MHz | Make More Happen at Staples®

Here is another model I just found ---> http://www.staples.com/Pyle-PLMP3C1-...duct_IM1DE6857

FM transmitter that receives Bluetooth for hands free---> http://www.staples.com/Pyle-Wireless...duct_IM1DE6859

Last edited by KCFITZ78; 07-19-2014 at 10:22 PM.

Quick Reply: How do you listen to your iPod/iPhone or MP3 in your car?