General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

How did you fall in love with your monte?

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2012, 01:43 AM
Smile How did you fall in love with your monte?

I've always had very small cars like my sebring and my 90' accord coupe. I never had a big car like my 88 monte. So i never knew what it was like to drive a big car like that. So it started in october when my honda was stolen. So i searched and searched for a new car when i saw this one. So i took it for a drive and i was instantly obsessed with this car. If someone offered me 10 grand for my car i wouldn't do it. So tell me how did you guys fall in love with your monte?

Old 12-23-2012, 02:50 AM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2012
Monte Of The Year 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2017
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I was out looking for a new car, nothing in particular. Never even knew anything at all about the 6th gen. Monte Carlo. Then I spied this really unique looking car on the show room floor, looked her over, did the test drive and bought her. Loved the roomy feel of the interior and the aerodynamic appearance of the car. Only later discovered what I felt like was the car is seriously underpowered with respect to it's appearance. So began my oddessy to ramp things up and be able to have my Monte be a contender on the road. Now I absolutely love it.... Sell it?? NO, But then again everything has a price, just don't make it to low......

Old 12-23-2012, 08:01 AM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2011
Monte Of The Month -- April 2014
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

I grew up loving Montes as my dad had an 1985 Monte. When I saw an ad in a magizine for a 2006 Monte SS I just HAD to have one. I test drove one and picked wife up for lunch in the test car. I guess it was my puppy dog eyes that made her say "OK go 4 it" I ordered the Deuce from the dealer with all the options and color I wanted

Last edited by Tadcaster; 12-24-2012 at 06:57 AM.
Old 12-23-2012, 08:41 AM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2012
Monte Of The Year 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2017
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Tadcaster
I grew up loving Montes as my dad hade an 1985 Monte. When I saw an ad in a magizine for a 2006 Monte SS I just HAD to have one. I test drove one and picked wife up for lunch in the test car. I gues it was my puppy dog eyes that made her say "OK go 4 it" I ordered the Deuce from the dealer with all the options and color I wanted
Aha! So that is how you have such a nice Monte Carlo SS, you sat down and built it at the dealer for a custom order. SWEET!! You did well.......

Old 12-23-2012, 10:07 AM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

All I know is when it was time to replace my 2000 GTP - I didn't want another one. I still wanted a coupe and a bigger car so I looked at the Monte and it was love at first site - also my first Chevy.

Old 12-23-2012, 10:38 AM

My 96 Monte was my first-ever car and I just fell in love with it because of that. Then I grew to love the look of the 6th gen Montes and bought one after a year of searching for the perfect car. Spent every penny I had saved up for it... that probably has something to do with the attachment lol. It's been a great car to drive and I have done a lot of custom work to it for the first time. Blood sweat and tears have gone into that car, so it's definitely a part of me now

Old 12-23-2012, 11:16 AM

Monte Of The Month -- March 2013

I wanted to buy an 86 back in 1990 but couldnt put a deal together so i always wanted one since then. when we were looking for a new used car i was thinking grand prix or impala but the dealer we went to didnt have any. I seen the monte on the lot and said to my wife lets test drive that. Once i test drove my 04 and felt that supercharger kick in i was hooked..)

Old 12-23-2012, 11:59 AM

This is my first car ever. I was in need of a car for college. I was driving my moms Altima around. It was a 3.5 liter V6, RWD, a beast, so I was looking for a cheap one, but could not find one. Then the dealer bought out the Monte. It had 35xxx miles, one owner, great condition. I have, no lie, seen a Monte anywhere before that day. Test drove it, and jumped for it, it was my graduation gift. I have had it for the past four years now. I have raced it, crashed it, beat up on it, and modified and customized it. It is my pride and joy, I can never let it go. So you can say it was a lesson car, I appreciate it a lot more now, I have grown up a lot. I love driving it, working on it, and just owning it. Plus it has brightened a love for American cars in me!

Old 12-23-2012, 12:45 PM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2016
10 Year Member

Work tightened it's belt and took my company truck away. I needed wheels and went looking for a large, safe American car that got good MPG for a commute of 180 miles a day.

Bonneville SE was my goal but they were pricey. Impala was the 2nd choice. Saw what I thought was an Impala (really sorry 7th gen owners!) on a car lot but it was an '07 Monte. It was priced at over 10,000 so it was scratched off the list but put MCs into the search.

Part of my research was searching for car owner forums that could give me some heads up about the model and it's drivers. Yep, the Monte Carlo Forum was the catalyst that stopped me from looking at Bonnies and Imps. A great collection of people with experience and well run forum showed me that if I needed any information or help that it was there.

Finally found one at an affordable price. It fits me well, both in comfort and image.

Last edited by Barovelli; 12-23-2012 at 12:51 PM.
Old 12-23-2012, 04:23 PM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2013
10 Year Member

I actually was just randomly looking for a newer car, my 1993 buick was becoming one heck of a money pit. Everything around the engine was crumbling.

I had no idea what to do, I knew it was going to be a huge fix in the next month with it & the car was sucking me dry. It wasn't until I seen a beautiful intimidator scream passed me that I wanted a monte carlo. That night I looked online & seen her. I've never seen a Dalejr monte in my life until I looked online that night.

Itsjust one of those things that scream at you "GET THAT CAR!!" So a week later, the buick took a cr@p in the parking lot at the dealer; ignition cyl locked up & I told them I'd trade it in to get the down payment up to $2500. That first start up & rev was beautiful. Each and every day her sound at start up still feels like the first day.<3
& I still can't forget that first day I pulled out & spooled up the supercharger. Words can't describe the awesomeness of that moment.

Quick Reply: How did you fall in love with your monte?