General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Hmm idk bout this customizing...

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2011, 09:05 PM

Originally Posted by Montess2k

In addition I love sleepers so much like pulling up to a turbo'd monte, imagine a mustang pulling up next to a minivan and the mustang getting it's doors blown off by a turbo'd minivan....awesomeness...

Joe
There are vids of that on youtube. Old 80s/early 90s square shape stock looking Caravans with modded 2.2/2.5 turbos running like 12's or something like that at the track. Against Mustangs and the like.
I've always been of the opinion you can make anything run fast if you have the means and want to.

Old 02-09-2011, 08:47 AM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2010

Yeahh I guess what all of you are saying is true but I still don't know if I could take that seriously if I saw one on the road until one of them roasted me lol one time at The Lot meets that I go to in the summer, I saw a silver Honda Odessey with HIDs & nice rims with a kid about my age who looked like he thought he was sooooo cool in his ride & I was thinking dude, you are in a freakin minivan amongst some of the hottest cars around & you are the one trying to look & act cool?

Old 02-09-2011, 12:25 PM

He's not tryin

He IS cool

Old 02-09-2011, 12:47 PM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2010

LOL! Yeah okay

Old 02-09-2011, 02:41 PM

But in all actuality... he's just adding to the kids modding hondas and thinking they're the fastest thing to hit the street since porshe.

Depending on the generation... the odessy does have tthe same engine (of sorts) as the nsx...

Old 02-09-2011, 03:45 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2016
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I'd drive the hell out of that thing!!!

Old 02-09-2011, 08:07 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2009
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

hmmm, mabe i'll do something like that to my dad's $300 voyager, lol
i guess it also proves that ANYTHING looks better in red!

Originally Posted by KJRich
There are vids of that on youtube. Old 80s/early 90s square shape stock looking Caravans with modded 2.2/2.5 turbos running like 12's or something like that at the track. Against Mustangs and the like.
I've always been of the opinion you can make anything run fast if you have the means and want to.
gotta love crazy crap like that, best one i've ever seen was a VERY early caravan in the junkyard with a factory 5 speed stick!

Old 02-09-2011, 08:24 PM

Originally Posted by skylark65
hmmm, mabe i'll do something like that to my dad's $300 voyager, lol
i guess it also proves that ANYTHING looks better in red!

gotta love crazy crap like that, best one i've ever seen was a VERY early caravan in the junkyard with a factory 5 speed stick!
No doubt, its weird to see a 5 speed manual in a minivan. I've seen a couple of these, but they're very rare. Probably the last early Caravan with a 5 speed I saw was at the All Chrysler Nationals in Carlisle, Pa. The shows there (regardless of manufacturer) bring out some rare vehicles, even the ones that are not highly sought after. I went nuts one year when I saw a factory slant 6 engine '72 Dodge Charger.:p

Old 02-09-2011, 09:10 PM

hay the first vehicle i drove was my dads minivan i tinted the windows put on diferent wheels. it had the mitsubishi 3 liter v6 in it with trans a 88 mini van it ran suprisingly well i got very great gas miledge but all my friends asked me for rides all 20 of them at once to go to a party. that was fun. i really mis that van though even though it was a minivan i did put in a good stereo rims intake better exaughst that gave it a rumble lowered it a bit. my dad let my brother drive it when i was in japan my brother rolled it and i never seen the parts or power train or any thing i could have pulled ever again. i took out both seets and put in four captin chairs and a tv in it to watch some thing on road trips man i miss that thing i would drive that instead of putting miles on my monte or any thing else

Old 02-09-2011, 09:13 PM

to be honest it has to be some thing really comfortable in the drivers seat and all of the seats befor i get a mini van to do some tweeks like limo tint again lowere it a bit and a mid tv about a foot or two back with a game console and a dvd player. makes a good cruser

Quick Reply: Hmm idk bout this customizing...