General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.
View Poll Results: As a proud owner of a MonteCarlo, which of the following would be your highest honor?
PFYC.com Monte Carlo of the Month
5.26%
CarDomain Showoff of the Week
31.58%
MonteCarloForum.com Monte of the Month
42.11%
McDonald's Employee of the Month
21.05%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Which is the higher honor?

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2011, 09:22 AM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- August 2009

Originally Posted by ChibiBlackSheep
MotM because we appreciate the beauty of a Monte Carlo and helpfulness of a member.

Car Domain just cares about body kits and big rims :P
Agree 100%. CarDomain is cool for showing off your car and all, but I find that most of the people commenting and highly rated all have ugly ricer cars or cars with huge wheels and 100 TVs. It's pretty stupid.

Old 02-22-2011, 08:08 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2013
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Montess2k
"Other...pulling up to a car, and getting a thumbs up from an 8 year old kid sitting in the back of his parents car...happened to me twice...best honor I ever received...

Joe
Gotta love the kids! But did that honor come with a free Happy Meal?

Originally Posted by RickAKATed10
CarDomain is cool for showing off your car and all, but I find that most of the people commenting and highly rated all have ugly ricer cars or cars with huge wheels and 100 TVs. It's pretty stupid.
A lot, probably most of CarDomain is cars I don't like. But the fact that my car is SOTW is pretty good proof that CarDomain is not all about big wheels and TV's. I'm on 16z (word to ur mother) and a factory stereo. CarDomain has the most diverse collection of cars all over the planet. More then 860,000 enthuasist who took the time to make a website about thier cars. Most will never be SOTW. Being voted MOTM is super cool because you are accepted by your peers and people judging your car again their own. And other members know you better and how much work you really put into your ride - and how much you share. But its also pretty cool to gain acceptance and appreciation of those who are not your peers.

I still like freakin' out the kids...

Old 02-22-2011, 11:54 PM

Monte of the Month far outweighs any of those, not just being on its side because this is the forum of it...but yeah, to be accepted by people you talk to everyday, who maybe helped you modify your car, who gave you advice on how to fix a small problem, or a big one...this is the most prestigious award of those 4

Old 02-22-2011, 11:57 PM
Monte Of The Month -- February 2012
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Montess2k
"Other...pulling up to a car, and getting a thumbs up from an 8 year old kid sitting in the back of his parents car...happened to me twice...best honor I ever received...

Joe
X2

Yeah I'm going to have to go with driving through the parking lots and having the kids say to their parents "Dad look, look, check out that car. It's a race car!!" or the ever so awesome "Whoaaaaaaaaaaaa" I swear that's the only reason I mod my car. It's such a great thing to see when the kids give you that kind of feedback.