General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Heater Blower Motor not getting fire

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2010, 01:46 PM
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Heater Blower Motor not getting fire

Ok I just replaced leaky corroded heater core in my Monte (Which was reason why blew head gasket/cracked head on first engine)
And I replaced the blower motor, because other one was froze....but not solved, because when I turn it on to blow inside, nothing

Now I already used testlight to the relay and the coil thing, but are getting power and I hear the relay clicking when I switch to the high settings
I also swapped out both the relay and the coil thing from another vehicle just in case...same thing

Now I use test light on the blower motor and its getting no fire on the purple plug (hot) and it just has a ground beside it, which is grounding doing its job

Everything else seems to be doing its job..only think I AM NOT GETTING FIRE TO THE BLOWER!!!
So what can
I checked fuses, all the fuses that are in are not blown.....and I don't even know how to pin-point which fuse to put in if its not in because I can't read what the fuses are, only a few
I would need a fuse block diagram

Any suggestions guys?

Old 12-03-2010, 02:26 PM

Update: I am now getting fire to my blower, I didn't have the 4pin connector that bundled with the a/c and alternator wires

But still on any position low mid high....blower doesn't come on
Only things I can think as variables are:
1. bad ground on blower (which I can ground straight to chassis or battery for testing, pretty sure that won't be it)
2. Bad resister (doesnt that only effect low fan speed positions?...I dont get low NOR high)
3. Bad blower relay (this could be very well....my original relay may not worked, because I think when I switched relays to the one I got off another car...I got fire to my blower......but could the relay be only HALF-Working??)

Anything else anyone can think of?

Old 12-03-2010, 05:17 PM

Solved......
My resister was bad....and app. I shorted the blower motor....so I put a smaller one in for the time being
I just now have to get past a common issue....for it to blow through vents, instead of defrost
But its DEFINALLY better than nothing.....been getting some cold nights and I love to drive my Monte.....so now that will help greatly
Ill worry about that issue when summer hits again, when I install the a/c system