General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Hate. Dislike........

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2008, 06:50 AM
Default RE: Hate.

my dad has a 87 monte and a 98 monte and the 98 monte just doenst look sporty at all.

Old 02-27-2008, 09:20 AM

This is the second post from the same guy WHINING about the Gen V montes. Grow up. You had a choice, and you chose a vehicle that was in the transitional period between the late 20th century, into the 21st. If you notice, NOTHING looks good coming from the 90's. Even the Ford Fox bodies look ugly as ****, even though they run really fast...

So please, stop your whining, and post your "hate mail" elsewhere.

Old 02-27-2008, 09:35 AM

ORIGINAL: scc24540

it had NO personality at all
That is the best way to describe it.

Old 02-27-2008, 09:41 AM

i can see where ant's coming from and i can see the hate he's generated by posting some of these things. i only pose 1 question, why does the 5th gen get so much hate for being a 2 door lumina but the 7th gen is loved to death when in all reality its a 2 door impala?

Old 02-27-2008, 09:56 AM

I see where you are coming from scc24540. Personaly there is just something about the 5th gen. that I've never been a fan of, but doI hate it no. Yes the 7th gen.Monte is pretty much a 2 door Impala but the only thing shared from look wise is the headlights, everything else is different and the Monte looks so much better. And when you look at a 5th gen, 6th-7th gen. sitting togather the 6th-7th gen. look better IMO

Old 02-27-2008, 10:15 AM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month - April 2008

ORIGINAL: 06MCLTZ

Personaly there is just something about the 5th gen. that I've never been a fan of, but doI hate it no.
I think it's too "round", yeah, that's the word I use for it - round. It doesn't have the classic Monte lines to it. I don't "hate" it and a lot of people must like them because there are quite a few here. I just prefer the 4th or 6th gen, and I think they ALL need a spoiler of some type and tinted windows.

Old 02-27-2008, 11:18 AM

ORIGINAL: ExplosiveSoundz
If you notice, NOTHING looks good coming from the 90's.
That's what I've alway said. The 90's just seemed to be hell on cars and most all looked like each other without any character.

ORIGINAL: 06MCLTZ
Monte is pretty much a 2 door Impala but the only thing shared from look wise is the headlights, everything else is different and the Monte looks so much better.
Actually I think the hood is the same, and the top grille is. The door handles are even the same along with the engines and wheels, other than that I don't think there is anything else...

Old 02-27-2008, 12:07 PM

the 5th gen is basically indentical to the Lumina.... front lights, back lights, everything...

the 06-07's are basically impalas but the new impalas look good.. the Luminas didnt

Old 02-27-2008, 12:51 PM

boy bye the guy who said I was a whinner better kill it i anit no whinner i just made a statment, you really must not know me I chose the ride because I liked it I could have really chossen anything I wanted, but I wanted this because of what I could do to it, and not many people have them around here where I live... I don't give a two cents what you think honestly I say what I want when I want and if the site doesn't like what I have to say then just kick me off or lock the topic... could really careless what they do.. i'm still gone run my mouth... so holla at ya boy...
ant!

by the way this is deicated to explosivesounds... you must not know me kid. dont say nuttin if you don't want me to say nuttin i anit no punk..

Old 02-27-2008, 12:54 PM

ORIGINAL: ExplosiveSoundz

NOTHING looks good coming from the 90's.
Could be said about the 80's as well for the most part. But the 5th gen also had a basic color scheme and no original colors. I don't remember a plum purple or race yellow or anything like that. Just: Black, White, Green, Silverand Red.

As for the conversation that they looked similar, alot of cars just do. Take a quick glance at the back of many of the 80's / 90's cars and they are pretty similar.

Could you tell from a split second glance the difference between at: Dodge Dynasty, Chevy Corsica, Pontiac 6000, and whatever the Chrysler and Plymoth sedan were.

They all had that stupid square box trunk and quick drop window.

Quick Reply: Hate. Dislike........